is anyone else slow?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is anyone else slow?????

since im a brand new business,my down time means i have absolutley nothing on the books till sat,im so tired of this,i feel like im getting fatter and fatter everyday just sitting here on my butt,ive already scrubed down all kennels walls,bathroom office,made bandanas,i cant stand not being busy,i would be happy with at least just 1 pet to work on
    thanks for letting me get this off my mind

I'm very slow this week. It's biting cold here right now, and nobody wants to go out in it.

Comment

I am slow too. I did 3 dogs so far this week. I have 4 on for tomorrow and that is it. I think so far I have 1 for next week.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I'm relatively new (opened last August) too. November and December were slammed for me which was great, but after New Year's things kind of came to a standstill. Business is slowly picking up again but being busier would be nice. I know how frustrating it is not to have any appts at all, you're literally just sitting there watching the clock tick. Are you doing any advertising currently? In the beginning one thing I did was I had my husband distribute flyers on cars in local plazas...it was cheap and it brought quite a few new customers in.

Comment

I'm slow this week too. Last week when I thought we would be really slow we were slammed. This week is pretty stagnant. You are not alone!!
          SheilaB from SC

Comment

Don't feel bad, I'm slow to. I had a 7 dogs so far this week. Saturday I have two more scheduled. I started out this week with only 5 dogs, so gee things have picked up for me!!LOL
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Ive been pretty slow too. Saturdays are always busy for me though.
              Don't worry, it will pick up...enjoy the down time!

Comment

I am enjoying it. Well sort of. I spent all day today cleaning and doing laundry. I can finally see the floor in my laundry room. Good thing we have a lot of clothes. I don't think I have done laundry except for towels for 3 weeks.
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Special promotions

What about promotions to engourage clients to come during the expected slow seasons? Or even some kind of preferred client standing apointments? I've done this in other business and have always been swamped, with very little fluctuation. I've also had other groomer friends who did this and they were aslo swamped year round. I luv making up special business promos so that clients want to come in for their appointments regularly and not drop off. If I remember right, Isn't there something in Problems To Profits about this? I love that book!

Comment

Why don't you all go out and FIND new clients, instead of waiting for them to find you? When all the cleaning and bookwork is done that's the time to be thinking of new ways to get some more business!

Comment

Its been slow here as well. I'm thinking of making some grooming FAQ brochures or something so clients will know that we offer grooming. (I work at a vets office) I'll have to remember to ask my boss about that.

Comment

Yes We are slow too, there are 2 of us in the shop and I am just going in for my appts. I group em together so I don't have to just sit around, I had 7 grooms so far this week 1 scheduled for Friday and 1 + a face trim on a 17y.o. shih for Sat. I am thinking of getting a parttime night job in a restuarant or something.

Comment

I'll send some of my dogs over your way, LOL
                          I actually wanted some down time this month to get other projects done, but I'm booked 2 weeks out and my Saturdays are booked till the end of Feb.
                          You guys can come over and groom for me while I take a vacation. )

Comment

cancellations

we are pretty well booked at this time, HOWEVER this is probably the worst time for cancellations - I think it's because people get their credit card statements from the holidays & that can be a scary thing! so they cancel ... :-( that's my theory

Comment

Started slow but picking up.

This week started out really slow. 3 on Tuesday, 3 Wednesday and not one phone call. Then slam, I am now booked up till the end of the week and most part of next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X