The Name Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Name Game

I was going through my client files today and started to look at the names. It was slowish so I started a name game for myself. Now I want to be nosy and find out what are the popular names in your area. What are the most common names of your clients? How about the most different? In our shop the most common is, Max, Molly, Abby, and Cody. The differents names would be... Blauser, Benice, Beryl, Noname, and Mr. Peepers. The B's are all different owners too!!

I have a bunch of Gizmo's. Nothing really odd yet.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

The common ones at my work are Sadie, Max (I counted one day we have 37 Max's) Cody, Abby, Jake, all those extremely common names.

The different once are, and I'll start with the best are... Panty and Trouser (2 Schnauzers.) Khumbu and K-2, Parsley and Basil, Peenie and Olie, Biggie, Dagger, Moose, Pablo (boss's dog). There's more but I'll stop with those.....
      Becky

Comment

Noname

I've met a couple of Nonames. I really don't like it when people name their pets that. I guess there's no harm in it, but it just bothers me.

Comment

Chester the cocker, Jaya the bichon, Boston the bouvier, Peaches the (male) malti-poo who gets a bichon hair cut, and my strangest one - Fancy Pants the aussie!

Comment

Abby, Jack, Regis 5 of them, but Jack by far
            "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
            Nancy

Comment

I have a variety of grooming giggles on my facebook page that I kept up with when I was at a petsomething. I posted the breed mispronunciations on the old post. That was a fun thread too. Anyhoo, here's my list.

Favorite dog names at work!
              -my #1 favorite!!! Pootytits (I kid you not!!! A Shih Tzu)
              -Shi Shi (a Shih Tzu, obviously)
              -(dog's name) Chocolate (owner's last name) Cheeks
              (why do all the funny names go to Shih Tzu's?)
              -Kat (a dog)
              -Puppie (a really old Maltese)
              -D.O.G. (a Pit Bull I believe)
              -Beethoven (A Great Pyranees...close enough!)
              -Harry Potter (we actually had more than 1!)
              -Bichon (a Bichon...imagine that!)
              -Michon (the Bichon)
              -Apom Apom/Apom Pom...the lady was foreign and we could never figure out what her dog's name really was.(a Pomeranian)
              -Pugsly (Pug...we had several)
              -Bagel (Beagle)
              -Regal (Beagle)
              -Snoopy (Beagle...WOW!)
              -Chin Chin (Japanese Chin)
              -Scotty (GUESS! um...a Scottie? DING DING DING! give the kid a cookie!)
              Jack (Jack Russell)
              Deogee (get it?? d.o.g.!! Shih Tzu)
              King Charles (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)
              Stick Dog (old mini poodle mix...very thin and "stick-ish"

Comment

Common and not so common names...

I have a few named Max, Abby, Daisy, Gizmo and Boomer. I like unusual names, so here are a few that I've used recently to name stray cats and some of my ferrets have odd names. Schemer, Goliath, Moe, Broken, Fancy Pants, Cry Baby Pants, Flea, Little Boys Little Boys, Runt Guy, Mr. Wobbles, Momma, Momma Cat 2, Rebel, Meathead, Wee Ren, Annie Ann (formerly Alien), Zelda, Bonsai, Tommykins, Elbow, Peach, Snoogums Boogums, Fezziweg, Snakey, Maffy, Thompson, and I could go on and on naming all the stray cats in town....

Comment

How can you beat Chocolate Cheeks for a dogs name. I love it. I brings to mind so many options for the Cheeks part.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchfunbnme View Post
                    I've met a couple of Nonames. I really don't like it when people name their pets that. I guess there's no harm in it, but it just bothers me.
                    I am with you on that one. When I first met the dog and owner I thought it was pronounced No-NAH-MAY. I didn't fathom someone could be so uninventive as to not name their dog, a cutie too!! The old guy looked at me like I was from another planet and flatly told me it is No NAME, what do expect the other one is lil' mom. I guess ya learn something everyday.

Comment

Most common dog names I get are Buddy, Max, Sasha, Mindy, Maggie, Sheba, Abby and Nikki (or Nicky). My favorite unusual-named dog is Morticia, a Border Collie/Sheltie cross. She's really sweet and the name fits the way she looks. I also have 2 chihuahua mixes that come in named Nino and Wookie. Very cute dogs.

Comment

Most common names, Max (always a Lab), Buddy, Bubba (I live in Bubba Central) Jack and Jake (always boarder collies), Abby, Chloe, Phoebe, Gracie, and Sophie. And there are a couple of Gizmos, too.

Names associated with owners work or hobby: Sandtrap and Freeway (Dad loves golf and drives a semi). Rentgen (Dad's a radiologist), Rerun (Mom works at television station).
                        Last edited by Helly; 01-12-07, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Our own dogs have unique names All four of them are greyhounds that we adopted from a rescue group. We have River (Fever River Ryan), Oprah, Explorer (Rancho Explorer) and Seville (Cadilac Tears). We also have a unique name for one of our cats Mika pronounced Mushka Divka it means pussy cat in Czeck.

Comment

Most common for girls, Abby, Sophie, Sadie, Lilly, Chelsea, and Precious (I despise Precious!). Most common for boys, Max, Bubba, Bo, Jake, Gizmo, Buddy. Most unusual Popcorn (fits him too!), Nasty (poor thing!), Lippy (short for Liver Lips...love that one), Tao (PWD), Grandpa (old Pointer) Mozart, Sonoma, Sonota (Bishons in the same family) and my favorite SugarTit (Spitz).
                            SheilaB from SC

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
                              Most common for girls, Abby, Sophie, Sadie, Lilly, Chelsea, and Precious (I despise Precious!). Most common for boys, Max, Bubba, Bo, Jake, Gizmo, Buddy. Most unusual Popcorn (fits him too!), Nasty (poor thing!), Lippy (short for Liver Lips...love that one), Tao (PWD), Grandpa (old Pointer) Mozart, Sonoma, Sonota (Bishons in the same family) and my favorite SugarTit (Spitz).
                              I wonder if your SugarTit was related to my Pootytits (shih tzu). Poor things.

Comment

Working...
                              X