My dog. Look at her.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog. Look at her.

I lost my Dobe girl last week. She was only five years old. She spent the first two of those years trying to eat my house and destroy my sanity bit by bit. She shredded recliners (yes, plural), curtains, various beds and towels, all with impressive efficiency and joy. She snapped a water line causing an impressive 60ish foot geyser. I swore I was paying penance for some past transgressions. I've done lots and lots and lots of rescue with special needs dogs, feeling all smug about the dogs we'd rehabilitated and successfully placed with a variety of special needs and behavioral issues. And yet I met my match and subsequent humility with a six month old Dobe puppy with a clean slate. No baggage, no emotional issues, happy as a clam with a bombproof temperament. And that love of shredding stuff. As far as she knew, her name was TANGO NOOOO!

She had been kicked by a horse as a small puppy, and her leg was severely damaged. The vet fixed it up; it just needed time to heal. My understanding is that the former owners did not follow through with aftercare and her leg ended up shattered somehow. They decided not to dump the money into an "ugly" dog (her ears had a sorry crop job) and abandoned her at the clinic for euth. The vet had them sign her over and he just kept her and tried to repair the leg again. It was during this time that we adopted her at six months of age. We ultimately had the leg amputated because it never healed well, was in atrophy, and causing her great pain. She couldn't use it anyway, and it was only hurting her, so we ditched the leg. Within 24 hours, she was all eff that leg and bouncing around happily. It didn't slow her down at all.

Last week, she was doing her usual evening zoomies routine, running ruts into the yard and just having herself a good time when she suddenly collapsed and died. We rushed her to the vet anyway, but she was gone. The vet believes it was an undetected heart issue. It was so sudden. I guess if she absolutely had to go right then, I'm glad she went doing something she loved, suddenly and with no suffering. The puppy sent to test my patience became the best dog ever. Absolutely bombproof and would have made a fabulous therapy dog. One of those things I always meant to get back into except for life getting crazy.

RIP Tango. Down. Stay. Good girl.

So sad for you Heartbreaking.

Comment

RIP Tango!
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I"m so sorry for your loss. Memories.............. and one day you two shall meet again.

Comment

I wish we all could be enjoying life up until the very second we "cross over"............Go, Go Tango Go

Happy ripping up the couch

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

"Happy ripping up the couch" made me laugh a blubbery, snotty laugh.

Comment

So sorry to hear of Tango's passing - you were both so blessed to have had this time together.[emoji252][emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. I think that she was one lucky dog in many aspects.

Comment

I love that devilish gleam in her eye! She was lovely, and luckier than most in her situation. Ugly are the people who abandoned her at the vet. I hope her happiness and energy remain with you till you meet again.

Comment

Oh my gosh so sorry dear What a horrible death. I'm glad it was instant, but just horrible to see I bet
                    amanda
                    ~You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who cannot pay you back~

Comment

Feeling sad for your Dobe girl. It was hard to cope up with I know " undetected heart issue".

Comment

So very sorry for you. She was a very special girl.
                        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Awe.... So sorry for your loss

Comment

Working...
                          X