Can you guess this mix?? Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you guess this mix?? Fun

I have a new mixed breed coming next week. The owner told me what he is, and I would never have guessed the mix by looking at his picture. Can any of you figure it out??
    Attached Files

Love these guessing games, it has been a while since we had one.
    My guess is Schnz x Doxie
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Ahhh...Admin. put you up to this didn't he? Grin!!

I say German Wirehair Pointer and Whippet.

Comment

Wire hair pointer and...poodle??

Comment

That eye color is intense! My first instinct is to go with German Wirehaired pointer and Poodle? That eye color has me thinking something else though.
          We had a customer adopt a cute puppy that we swore was an australian cattle dog mixed with who knows what else. She did the swab test and he had NO cattle dog though he had the distinct color pattern of one. Instead he was mostly Bichon Frise and chow! Go figure.
          It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
          Henry David Thoreau

Comment

pointer and bearded collie. The DNA tests I've seen done have been way less than accurate. Would love to see results of a test done on a less common AKC breed.

Comment

I can only guess we got a long haired breed mixed with a short haired + one with standing ears!
              I had a German wired pointer, he has this big muzzle and eyes more yellow!

Comment

Sooooo his mom says he's a German shepherd and poodle cross. I don't see it, but who knows. Fun to guess though!

Comment

Hey, he's on this months cover of Groomer to Groomer. Check out those eyes!

Comment

Well I got German and Poodle.....Go me! LOL
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Pretzel View Post
                      Sooooo his mom says he's a German shepherd and poodle cross. I don't see it, but who knows. Fun to guess though!
                      Wow, I sure don't see GSD. But yea, guessing is fun and about as accurate as the so called DNA tests on dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
                        We had a customer adopt a cute puppy that we swore was an australian cattle dog mixed with who knows what else. She did the swab test and he had NO cattle dog though he had the distinct color pattern of one. Instead he was mostly Bichon Frise and chow! Go figure.
                        I just talked to a lady who had a dog that looked like small lab with a face and ears of a German Shepherd. She said she had DNA testing done and it was part cane corso, part mastiff, part chow, part cocker spaniel and part corgi. So yeah, I kinda think those DNA tests are not very reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
                          I just talked to a lady who had a dog that looked like small lab with a face and ears of a German Shepherd. She said she had DNA testing done and it was part cane corso, part mastiff, part chow, part cocker spaniel and part corgi. So yeah, I kinda think those DNA tests are not very reliable.
                          I don't understand anything to DNA tests to found out the breed, aren't dogs supposed to come from grey wolves ? And then breeds been created using different varieties of dogs tall to small, long hair, short hair, so even if you test a AKC dog with 4 generations pedigree, they'll found other breeds, especially if their first generations are foundation dogs.

Comment

Found this interesting article about DNS testing. I agree that it is not 100% accurate, but I believe it is closer than what we can guess on our own in some instances. I've worked at shelters though and I think a lot of the times the staff really is clueless. Once someone tried to say a red golden was a Irish setter merely because they didn't know goldens came in that color! I think the dog that has Glen of Imal in it looks like a mix of one. And the Dalmatian mix, I mean come on people. The shelter couldn't guess the dog was part dalmatian? What do you think?

http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil...h%20poster.pdf
                            http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil...ith%20AVMA.pdf
                            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

NF, I have seen a red golden I would have sworn was an Irish Setter. As for first link you posted all dogs look just like they say they are, imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X