Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a Kia Soul , Scion XD or a Nissan Cube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a Kia Soul , Scion XD or a Nissan Cube?

Do you like what you have?

Don't have one but did a lot f research before getting my Prius last year. The repair and maintenance records on all three are a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Tif View Post
      Do you like what you have?
      Just, ....I mean 2 weeks ago only sold my XD... Miss it...LOVED it!! Bought it off the lot Brand new, 2008, first year they built them. I am a huge Yota fan! Almost all my vehicles have been Toyota! Not a one problem with it. Always ran great!

Sold it cuz I just haven't been driving it anymore.

I personally would not buy a Nissan.

Comment

A Nissan is pretty much the worst thing that ever happened to my family.

Comment

Originally posted by Moo View Post
          A Nissan is pretty much the worst thing that ever happened to my family.
          Well that can happen I suppose with any brand, but in 2011 I inherited a Nissan Cube and now at 50,000 not a single thing has gone wrong with it. If anyone gets a Nissan or has a newer one they will try to sell you a long term maintenance contract. Well, you know us like you we did our research. Ours had 8,000 miles on it when I inherited it. I found out on some searches that Nissan Santa Rosa CA can sell any Nissan owner anywhere in USA one of those contracts that go for about $2000 or so depending upon the level of care, and some are incredibly extensive. I got the top of line for 66% off, just $800 at the time for what could have been $2400. Nissan locally inspected the car to complete the deal. There is almost nothing not covered. So what I am saying is if you end up buying Nissan before you buy one of these extended contracts see if Honda Santa Rosa is still selling them and save a bundle. Nissan even broke the $800 in 15 payments little or no interest. I actually love the Cube for my around the town car. Small but since box-y shape great for a 6 foot 3 inch guy, I love it. KIA my head hits the roof, not roomy inside. If you get the Cube get the station wagon one, it is just maybe 1 foot longer but great for groceries. I probably would never have bought one had I not inherited it...we got the deluxe one with the Bluetooth telephone system and good sound system with iPod input etc. But you never know like Moo said, any manufacturer I look for the warranties and extended ones, the good extended ones with few exclusions....so if Santa Rosa can sell you a deluxe one I think it is Gold edition 120,000 or 100,000 top of the line, and pay half or more less than when you buy the car, consider that peace of mind.

We often had Honda Accords which were all excellent but because of Honda gangs stealing them right and left (for many many years on the West Coast at least) our auto insurance was almost 50% more than other similar cars. The same policy for my almost new Cube was almost 50% less than the same coverage on a 5 year old Accord. Honda gangs!!!! Argh.

Comment

I don't own any but just viewed a friend's cube last night. She showed me how the seats fold up against the wall and can come right out for dog grooming competitions. It seemed like a nice shape for kennels

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Well that can happen I suppose with any brand.
              My mom ended up getting a Nissan on a short-notice purchase when her previous vehicle was totaled.

It drove really "big", had poor steering, and generally wasn't a good ride.

But the service was just terrible. Nissan would always refuse to do more than their standard testing, even though she would describe exactly when the car wouldn't start. They would run completely unrelated tests and charge for them, and sent the car home with the same problems with battery/ignition over and over again. It was the same at multiple dealerships.

Comment

Kia Soul just had a recall I saw this morning for steering issues.
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I have a 97 Subaru Legacy wagon. 250K on the millage. Needs much work but hubby drives it every day. Served me well getting to clients homes. I have a 09 Forester that need usual maintenance. 100k on the millage. I will only buy a Subaru. They last forever.
                  Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

I have a 97 Honda Civic....over 500,000 miles on it. Yep, that's right....1/2 million miles. It just keeps going and going...and it's good in the snow too.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                      I have a 97 Honda Civic....over 500,000 miles on it. Yep, that's right....1/2 million miles. It just keeps going and going...and it's good in the snow too.
                      Wow. I have a 95 Civic that I hope lasts as long. I've had it since 98, and it's never given me a minute of trouble. I love that little car. Most of my cars have been Toyotas, though (currently also have a Prius), and that's probably what I'll always stick with. Still would not get rid of my little Civic for anything.

Also a member of the Nissan Haterz Club. I had one once. Never again. I have never hated any car as much. It was the prettiest car you ever did see sitting on the side of the road, in the driveway, or at the repair shop.

Comment

Working...
                      X