OT: Tonite Supermoon - Blood Moon - Eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Tonite Supermoon - Blood Moon - Eclipse

Hubby getting out the telescope. Rare event and the 4th in the series, extremely rare. Starts around 8:11 pm on East Coast and goes on for couple hours to max. Kids even coming over, probably to eat what I cook too.

Can't wait to watch!
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

So cool to have a telescope for it!

Comment

It should be barely dark enough to see for us but since it lasts awhile, we will get some good view.

Comment

OMG! I am at my dad's in Hobbs, NM and we have a clear view of the moon.....this is the coolest thing I have ever seen. The horses didn't seem to be bothered by it until it was covered solid and RED, the all of the sudden the yearling colts went to thundering around the pasture and this yrs babies were just screaming, grown stallions and mares were uneffectived by it. As soon as it started showing a sliver of moon again all settled down. Tried to take pics but it was just a blob of light. Can't wait till tomorrow when ppl with telescopes put up pics on Internet.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Ugh I was so disappointed. We had major cloud coverage here so I couldn't see. Watched online though. Super awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Pretzel View Post
              Ugh I was so disappointed. We had major cloud coverage here so I couldn't see. Watched online though. Super awesome!
              Yep, my hubs was at home in Lindale Tx and cloud cover kept him from seeing it as well.
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Ironic. Here in Western WA we usually miss all these spectacles and yesterday, not a cloud in the evening sky. Quite beautiful.
                Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

The moon caught me off guard as well! Not used to being able to see spectacular meteorological events since I moved to Seattle. It was really a treat!!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X