My little Maltese broke her foot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My little Maltese broke her foot!

My little Katie, broke all of her toes on her front right foot.
    Anyone have any experience with broken toes on a tiny dog and how they heal?
    Attached Files

AWW

Poor little thing. How did she do that?
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Oh my gosh! What happened?

Wish I could offer advice, but have no experience in that department (Thank goodness)!

Comment

Oh the poor thing ... how scary for all of you!
        I haven't had personal experience with this, but I know folks who have. Typically it's the usual 6-8 weeks of healing and keeping the little one quiet. It'll help that she's smaller and "portable", but you'll need to keep her mind active so she doesn't realize she's not being physically active.

Comment

Oh that poor baby! I had a Doby mix years ago that litterally ran into a car and broke both of his front legs. After about six weeks the casts came off and he was back to his nutty old self.

Comment

sorry to hear that jen...how did she do it? did you get my message about your poodle picture?

Comment

poor baby!! how on earth did that happen? Just make sure she doesn't jump around too much, not that she even feels like doing that probably.

Comment

Katie

Well my son, he's 15 was taking her out to potty with the other dogs. He carries her because, ONCE she fell in the pool. He was putting her down and before he got her down all the way she jumped and landed on the cement and onto her side. The kids called me frantic. When I got home I took her to the ER and all her toes on that foot are broken. My son felt AWFUL!
                BUt accidents happen. She's not particularly agile, and does wiggle alot unless you hold her tight to you.
                She's doing pretty good. My vet saw her Thursday and went on about surgery etc. But the ER vet consulted 3 surgeons and they said NO to surgery that it just wasn't necassary. My vet goes a little over the top.
                She's not terribly active anyway. She barely goes over to the other side of the yard LOL so keeping her quiet isn't a problem.
                She is getting around pretty good though. I took her back to the ER for a bandage change and they said they were happy with her progress so far.
                I just hope it's not going to cause her too much trouble in the future.
                Poor little Katie she's such a sweetie. They put PINK on her bandage this time, so now she matches her colar and clothes LOL

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
                  sorry to hear that jen...how did she do it? did you get my message about your poodle picture?
                  Hairdevil, not I don't think I got your message. Can you resend?
                  Thanks

Comment

Poor pup, I hope she feels better soon!

My Phillipe jumped up and fell HARD on his side a couple months ago chasing after his beloved tennis ball. He tried getting up but couldn't use the shoulder he landed on and cried and cried. It ended up just being a bad sprain (he was perfectly okay in a couple days), but I was so scared...

Comment

Oh, poor baby. I bet your son feels bad. He shouldn't. Something like that could easily happen to anyone. From the sounds of it, it sounds like she should heal just fine and that's good news!
                      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

My son does feel bad. I keep telling him it was just an accident!
                        She seems to be doing well, I hope it heals fast and she can get out of her splint in a few weeks!
                        Thanks everyone!

Comment

Hope she's better!

Oh no! I hope her tiny toes are doing better! Good luck!

Comment

That is super cute picture of your doggy. I feel bad for your Son. He must feel awful. I am glad your puppy is doing so well.

Comment

Poor little girl. Hope she heals quick...i've never had a dog break anything, so I can't help ya there.
                              But her cast sure is stylish!

Comment

Working...
                              X