Am I totally INSANE!?! ( Long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I totally INSANE!?! ( Long)

Today I went with a friend of mine to see a litter of kittens that are in desparate need of a home. She has wanted a cat for a while so we went to pick one out. Being the crazy animal lover I am, my BF was constently reminding me to not bring one home with me. I was not worried b/c I am well aware that we have enough animals. Right now we have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Everyone gets along really well.

So we get there and OH MY GOSH! I forgot how adorable little kitties can be! So many to choose from! There were 8, 8 week old little balls of fluff! 5 males and 2 females. We were there for over an hour playing with them. My friend picks out one of the males. The owners kept on trying to convince me to take one, but I said If I ever got another cat that it should be a female b/c I have 2 males. They suggested then that I take the 2 females(they want to keep them together). Uggg! I cant take in 2 more cats! Can I?? Meanwhile I'm going through in my head how I could possibly make this work. I want them so badly! They are extreamly affectionate and very much attatched to one another.

I managed to leave without thet kitties but told the owners I would think about it. When I got home my BF immediatly knew that I would be trying to convince him that we could make room. He's a sucker for cute animals and I'm sure he would cave eventually. My dogs are good with cats and my 2 males are good with females. I dont think they would fight over them. It would just take a lot of time and patience to intergrate(sp?) these girls into my "pack" of critters and keep the peace.

Am I crazy to even be contemplating this?
    Have any of you ever done anything like this??
    Advice please!

OH no

No No, I have never ever ever done anything like that!

My my you are just terrible.

Yeah, right.

Heres my impulse rescue from this last Tuesday!
    Went to the pound with a friend.
    SHE had the fortitude to say no.
    At least It never dawned on me to take all three of them.
    Attached Files

Comment

yes

you're crazy....you have enough! kitties are always adorable.....and they grow up fast...and then they're full size kitties....and they keep you up all night!! (my son brought home a kitty they found in the street. she is a very "nocturnal" kitty) ........so ......where was i ? and they have stinky cat boxes! and if you get 2 more, you will have to clean the cat box twice as much.......twice as many shots......twice as much food........twice as much work!!! and if you go away.......twice as much trouble figuring out what you're going to do with all of them!!!.............Enjoy your new kitties lol

Comment

I have two dogs and four cats.......does that help or hurt? LOL!

Comment

YOU ARE CRAZY!!!! But who am I to talk. In my small house we have 6 dogs and 4 cats.

If you think you can put up with a few more mouths to feed, more litter boxes to clean, more vet bills and a LOT more love then go for it.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

I have 6 dogs and 7 cats. Hope this helps. Good luck with your new kitties. By the way this was probably the wrong website to come to if you wanted to be talked out of adopting them.lol

Comment

GEEZ. I don't really feel like a groomer now. I only have 1 dog. I can't have kitties because I am allergic to them. I am however on the waiting list for an American Mastiff.
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I have four cats and no dogs. The way I figure it, four cats isnt much different than three. And three isnt all that different from two. And if you REALLY think about it, the difference between two and one is tiny. My fourth and final cat was supposed to be temporary.He was already an adult. I was suppose to be trying to find him a home. And I told my partner that I had made fliers and told customers, but i never did. He was with me for 5 months before my partner asks me where I posted the fliers. I said... oh, around. He said, lets go see them. It was then that I knew I was caught.

We arent going to go out looking for anymore cats, but if one should come to us and need our help we wouldnt turn him/her away. There is a story in Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul about a woman who doesnt think she has room for "One more". It made me cry.

Comment

Yeah! What's one more?

I was looking on petfinder yesterday. FOR WHAT?!!!!!!

My place is busting at the seams now. I'm sitting on a dog as we speak.

Erica

Comment

Update

So tomorrow we are going to pick up my friends kitten. And possibly the 2 girls for myself. My BF is still giving me reasons not to every chance he gets, but he knows that if I take these girls there is nothing he can do about it! lol!

However,today I was reminded just how much I dont need anymore critters. This morning I woke up at about 3 AM to both dogs pushing me off our bed and 2 cats in my face, screaming for food. "Oh boy, its gonna be one of those days" I say to my self. So I feed the cats b/c I'm already up, and never manage to fall back to sleep b/c my 2 rats decide its time to wake up too, and make as much noise as possible. Needless to say I was totally wiped out today and I'm about to go pass out.
                    I know that if for some reason I had to take them in, I would be able to deal with it. But, by the time I got home I convinced myself to not take them. But I will help to find them a good home.

Anyone in western CT want 2 adorable females? he he!

Comment

Go for it! Haha Redbird, Andypandy is soooo cute. That nickname really sticks in my head, for some reason. Anyway, I very recently lost my 16 year old kitty and I can't believe what an awful void it has left in my home (he was my only child). I'm going to be adopting a poodle on Saturday and probably soon adding more critters than I have any business having. The more, the merrier, I say!

Comment

i have 3 dogs,and 2 cats. i just found i house. i am renting tho and the land lord says im pushing it with the 3 dogs. he doesnt know about my cats. i moved all my furniture and stuff in yesterday. how can i smiggle my cats in without getting caught!??

Comment

I agree with the poster who said this is the wrong place to go to for this type of advice. They are cute fuzzy kittens that turn ino adults. ADULT CATS.
                          Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                            GEEZ. I don't really feel like a groomer now. I only have 1 dog. I can't have kitties because I am allergic to them. I am however on the waiting list for an American Mastiff.
                            I know what you mean, up until about one year ago I have one dog my entire life. I always felt wierd when my coworkers talked about their "zoos" lol
                            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                            X