Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two dachshunds in urgent need!

Hi Guys,
    I am just posting this so maybe someone out there will know someone who is looking for a Dachshund or two. I personally DO NOT know these dogs I was just emailed about them. If you are interested please contact Heather at the number listed below.

Subject: Doxies

Hey everyone-

I hope you don't mind me emailing you all I just wanted to send out an urgent call for help. Our shelter is very high kill and at this point is euthanizing owner surrenders as they come in the door. An owner brought in his two dachshund babies because he doesn't want them anymore. I am having them boarded temp to give them some time to see if I can find a rescue but this is ONLY temp. The owner stated if he couldn't get rid of them today then he was going to have the euthanized today. Heres the info I have on them:

Winnie is a 5 yr old red smooth coat doxie. She is current on vaccinations and spayed. They found winnie a few years ago hit by a car with abroken pelvis and heartworm they had that all fixed and taken care of.

Rusty is a 10 yr old red smooth coat doxie. He is also current on vaccinations and neutered. The owner has had Rusty since he was 8 weeks old. (this is so sad) I know he is older but believe me this little guy certainly doesn't act it!

Anyone interested in helping or that my have space of be able to take them please contact me ASAP! They have some time but not much. I can help with transportation too.

Heather
    478-298-2773

I know someone who would take them in a NY.second,but it would be "over my dead body"!Sorry I wasnt a help,but just couldnt help myself!For those who have read my bleeding heart post understand.Good luck w/these guys.BTW,I dont think you mentioned where these dogs are located.

Comment

Contact atlanta pet rescue, they are great!! and no kill

Comment

Is it too late? I know someone who does Dax rescue but I just saw the post.
        What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Ah I wish I knew someone. I can't believe when people find their pets to be so disposable. No concern for the fact they are ending another being's life due to their selfish reasons.

Comment

I spoke with Heather yesteday because my sister may be interested in the female....just an FYI she isn't able to travel to help relocate them even though the post mentions she can help with transportation. We live in Tampa and she's in GA so I was hoping she might meet us halfway or at least travel a little bit south, but she said she cannot.

Not sure yet if my sister can take one of them....she just moved and is still trying to sort some things out.

Comment

A few posts down.....

Is a weiner race with Ella....maybe Ella has some connections to help her doxie relatives find a new home(s). I realize it may be a lomng dostance but my Traveler was shipped to me in a crtate from Oklahoma to SF. I hate to think they won't get a home and go to dog heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by amysue2638 View Post
                I spoke with Heather yesteday because my sister may be interested in the female....just an FYI she isn't able to travel to help relocate them even though the post mentions she can help with transportation. We live in Tampa and she's in GA so I was hoping she might meet us halfway or at least travel a little bit south, but she said she cannot.

Not sure yet if my sister can take one of them....she just moved and is still trying to sort some things out.
                You could try contacting Dachshund Rescue of North America. They have a lot of members who help in transporting. They also might be able to get someone to foster the other dog until a home can be found for him.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/GA226.html

Comment

Working...
                X