I got fired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got fired...

I got fired from my job today after being there 4 days. I was told that I wasn't "clicking" with the girls... Whatever that is supposed to mean...

So it's job hunting again for me.
    Becky

That reason doesn't sound legal to me...but I really have no idea. But that's just stupid, and it sounds like you'll be better off somewhere else anyway. Good luck with the job search and I hope you find a much, much better place!!

Comment

Just move forward and don't look behind. I know that is easy when I'm not the one being fired but there are lots of grooming jobs out there.

Sometimes not blending with the girls can mean you did your job and kept your mouth shut and if you think of it that's probably what they should be doing

Comment

For the best

Just be glad you didn't waste any more than a couple days there.
        Just goes to show you there is better out there.

You were looking for work when you found that place, and you will
        find another. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

I think if the store manager didnt absolutely love me, I would have also been fired for not "clicking". I am not at all social and I am very sarcastic. I like to think im realistic, and I like the people around me to be as well.

Anyway... Sorry about the getting fired bs. It wont be long before you find another.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_green_quaker View Post
            That reason doesn't sound legal to me...but I really have no idea.
            Yeah, it's probably legal. During the probationairy period (usually 30 days) you can be fired for just about anything.

Comment

Thing is the other girls and I got along just fine.. I know I can be annoying, but the other girls I used to work with would just tell me to shut up.. And I would...

When I packed my stuff and left both the other groomers gave me a strange look like, "what are you doing."

My mom told me,, You probably did a better job on a dog and she didn't like it.. LOL... Now I'm not sure about that one... I know I'm not the best groomer out there, but I'm far not the worst one either...
              Becky

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie9 View Post
                Sometimes not blending with the girls can mean you did your job and kept your mouth shut and if you think of it that's probably what they should be doing
                ROFL, sorry knowing Becky I know this wasn't her reason for not clicking with the other girls. No offense meant Becky. I just know you speak your mind.

It wasn't the right place for you and it's a good thing you didn't waste anymore time there. You'll find something much better, where you can speak your mind.
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

This can be a tough job to be in; not always because of the job itself, but some of the personalities you have to deal with. Probably why so many of us are self employed. I've had great bosses & lousy ones, awesome coworkers & strange ones. Good luck to you, you'll probably find another job soon.

Comment

Oh, no offense taken Diane...
                    Becky

Comment

Becky, I've seen your grooming, that could be it. When I worked with you, you either talked to us a lot...lot...lot, or you talked online on your phone (however you do that! lol). So who knows what the problem really was.

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by Raggs View Post
                        I know I'm not the best groomer out there, but I'm far not the worst one either...
                        I feel bad for the worst groomer in the world. Wonder who it is, and do you think they know they're the worst? LOL

Glad you're outta there and onto greener fields.
                        Erin
                        No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Well, its a moot point because you already posted that you found another job, but I was in a similar situation when I moved here and I am very happy with the job I found.

Comment

Working...
                          X