I'd like an egg, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like an egg, please.

Like most puppies, Whiz has his stash of little treasures tucked away around the house; bits of paper, candy wrappers, sticks brought in from the yard. I try to keep up, but he has soooo many hiding places.

Also, as a good puppy Mom, we spent a lot of time taking things he's not allowed to chew out of his little mouth, and trading a toy or chew bone. It would seem he understands the concept of trading a little too well.

A couple of weeks back, I came home from work and fixed myself some eggs and toast for lunch. Whiz wanted an egg. I told him not to beg. So he went and retrieved one of his treasures, a peanut wrapper, and layed it on my knee, looked at my eggs, looked at the wrapper, then back at my eggs, clearly wanting to make a trade.

Well, how can you tell a baby he doesn't have enough money to buy an egg?

This morning, I made eggs again. And he wanted an egg again. But does he bring me something from his stash? Noooooooo. I looked down just in time to see him drop a piece of poop at my feet! A fresh poop, at that.

OK Whiz. You're cute. But a poop is NOT enough to buy and egg!

omg!lol..... that's an adorable story! thanks for sharing. they really are smart

Comment

Nope, I'm not buying

into that poop is not good enough for an egg.

You traded didn't you?

(I'll be very surprised if I'm wrong on this one)

Erica

Comment

O how cute. They certainly make it hard to say no. Even with the whole poop thing I still think thats too cute. lol.

Comment

Oh my gosh! That is tooooo good! A poo may not be worth much to you, but he made it himself...isn't that worth something that you made? HA HA HA! Oh, I nearly spit coffee out my nose...oh, the babies. What would we do without them?

Comment

Helly & Whiz --- thanks for the good laugh!!! Whiz is to cute.

Comment

Oh what a hoot! I had a cat that was just like the " The Borrowers" childrens book, I never taught him to do that and I never found where his stash was! Ya just gotta love um,thanks for sharing and a good laugh

Comment

I wonder what Whiz would trade for a steak?? Be careful!!

Comment

Oh, my thanks so much for the laugh. He's got trading down pat he just needs a little more work on currency. Thanks Whiz for giveing us all a laugh with you puppy antics.

Comment

That is just too cute.
                    Thanks for a good laugh.
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

Originally posted by eli View Post
                      into that poop is not good enough for an egg.

You traded didn't you?

(I'll be very surprised if I'm wrong on this one)

Erica
                      Sorry, I'm not rewarding him for pooping in my house! Even if it is something he made himself. This time he didn't get his egg.

Comment

He's learning though, maybe this time he'll trade the good stuff, like the $10 bill you dropped while digging through your purse and never found again.
                        Erin
                        No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Poop eh?

Maybe he was just showing you the egg was all used up and went thru and he needed another one.

Comment

Maybe he learned where eggs came from and decided to "make" his own egg, lol.

Helly that was great, thanks for the laugh.

Tammy in Utah
                            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Our kitten uses under my bed as his hidey-hole and play spot. I've got all sorts of stuff under there and all my stuffed toys end up under there.

It's so funny how smart critters can be at connecting things.

Comment

Working...
                              X