Helly, any suggestions? Removal of Gel Nails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helly, any suggestions? Removal of Gel Nails

I had my Gel nails removed and boy is it an OUCHY! All 10 are very tender. She even nicked one nail bed, and a hang nail my right . They said 3 mos to grow out. Naaaa, I can't believe that. They pick the gel off cuz it does not remove with acetone. At least I am now typing with finger pads. Can I do anything to toughen them up? I think They need a break especially in the pool for the summer... They look great but what a price to pay now. Hope i can groom by Tuesday. Every time I yelped the girl looked at me funny. No sympathy from her. She asked me if it hurts when dogs get nails cut. I said not as much as this! She thinks being bitten is funny. How much do you charge? she asked. Twice as much as she charged to remove my gels. I said well, I don't bite or need a muzzle, I won't pee or poop in the chair. and I have ten not 16-20 to trim. I don't have fleas or ticks either. I know she speaks English but again looked at me funny. Customers thought it was funny.HAHAHA

Soak your fingers in warm water with a little Murphy's Oil Soap for ten minutes, twice a day. Take a vitamin/mineral supplement with biotin and zinc. And the next time the nail tech thinks being bitten is funny? Bite her.

Comment

I knew you would havbe a good answer!

In three months I am not sure I want to have the nails again. However, I get rips otherwise and the gel protects them as long as I keep em. I don't like the nail tech who took them off. I only have mother or daughter to apply they are good, the one who removed usually does feet spa. I don't do them, too tickelish and not pleasant for me. I will get the Murphys tomorrow. Yes, I have good Lessman(HSN) vit but don't take regularly. Hair and nails are good if taken. Had to laugh at biting her! Maybe I should just pee on the floor. naaaaa. Bite her is better. Somehow she thinks I make a lot of money for groomin dogs. I don't think her country thinks much of dogs. Silly profession grooming dogs huh?Very silly and I love it! and petgroomer pals!BTW Don't forget the PARTY for Hairdevil. She decided on tomorrow 7-8ish Ky time. She is waiting for email of her password. She can't miss her own party!If she doesn't get it then Monday or Tues. General talk will have details.Ok so how do we get ballooons and cake to her? She loves balloons. I know you are smart, but this is a tuff one. Guess Ill. is same time as KY.Send in the Clowns
      Last edited by mustluvdogs1; 05-27-07, 12:09 AM. Reason: Changed location of party info to General talk

Comment

Mustluv, I know you addressed this to Helly, but I am one that every now and then gets the "bug" for nails and then regrets it later and needs them taken off. I have always used a product called "nailtiques" to strengthen my own nails which are naturally weak and peeling. Most chain drugstores sell it and there are three or four different formulas, so make sure you are getting the right one for your nail type. They even have one especially for former artificial nail wearers. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspra View Post
          Mustluv, I know you addressed this to Helly, but I am one that every now and then gets the "bug" for nails and then regrets it later and needs them taken off. I have always used a product called "nailtiques" to strengthen my own nails which are naturally weak and peeling. Most chain drugstores sell it and there are three or four different formulas, so make sure you are getting the right one for your nail type. They even have one especially for former artificial nail wearers. Good luck!
          Yeah, but I'll bet it costs more than the Murphy's. I don't know what ingredient it is that strengthens nails, but it sure works miracles.

Comment

i have had gel as well as acrylics ... but it's just too much upkeep & does a number on your natural nails. I now just get a manicure every week or 2 - they put a strenghthening polish on. and i don't know why or how they do it but it always lasts SO much longer than when i do it myself.

Comment

My hands are older looking than the rest of me.

I love rings and own waaay too many. The nails look nice but now I have snags I can't even file. Very soft and tender. i went to store and got food and TP and forgot Murphys will get tomorrow foe sure. Took vitamins tho. Maybe manicures will be safer if no snagging in the future, I hate the torture of gel nails....can't breathe. not natural. Wonder if it goes into my body.

Comment

I've had both kind of nails and ALWAYS hate the way my own nails look when the others are taken off. It takes almost a whole year for my nails to recover. I'm pretty sure I won't ever have any more put on, can't say never, I may change my mind.

Hope your fingers are feeling better.
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

I loved acrylics until I found fungus starting under three. I couldn't believe how distructive the removal process was.
                  I use Eqyss shampoos. My nails grow like crazy and are pretty strong since using Eqyss. I have to clip and file them every other week. Of course I will probably break one off tomorrow since I have an event that I would like to have lovely long nails for next weekend. LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X