This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update On: What To Do? What To Do?

MAN 'O MAN what a day!! First thing this am the groomer comes in with a hostile attitude...she came barging into my office ranting about why I put up a board and not give her the client cards? I told her do not come in here starting any **** with me this am....I was ready for this one...ok..she runs her mouth going back down the hall...(so glad Im hearing impaired lol) next arguement...why did the other guy use my table yesterday? ranting again...I told her he used it to shave a dog and if she had a problem with it, she needed to address it with him...of course to me she acts bad, when he came in was a different story, but anyway, not important. She came into my office again and TOLD I was to give her the papers with the client names back...uh..I lost it! I yelled at her and told her SHE was not the boss and She was not the owner, and she was not in a position to tell me to do a blankity thing...she said fine I QUIT! (YEAH) lol She also told me I was to pay her at the end of the day! rofl yes ma'am I said and laughed and went onto my grooming. She did finish her dogs and 2 cats though,..the story gets worse here...she came in demanding her check, I told her payday is Friday just like ever other week...she got angry,,and called 911! lmao I was like what the? lol I said ok...leave the building then and wait outside, she refused...oh brother...I called 911 and told them I had a problem here with a person that I needed removed from my property...he said they were already on their way! I was so embarrassed! anyway, in the meantime, I went to get the trash out of her room,,on a hunch as I've seen syringes in her box before..(the cats she groomed never even so much as meowed while she was working on them) guess what I found? yep, not one, but two used syringes!!!!!!!! can u believe that!!? I was sooo upset..I ran to checkout the cats..they were wide eyed, but seemed ok...I was like thank god! when the State cops got there, I told them and showed them the syringes...well, of course I knew they were hers cause Im the one that put the bags in the cans this am...empty!!! guess in court that wouldn't stand up,,guess she could've denied it, but when the cop asked her about them she told him she uses them on her own dogs!! hello? HER DOGS AREN'T IN THAT PLACE!!!! OH BROTHER!!! anyway, they told her to leave, shes not allowed back...has to send a friend in on Friday for her check!! thank god shes gone and thank god the cats were ok. dunno if she used them on herself or the cats or even another dog? but...glad all is over and we're still alive!!! what a trash bag!! From now on, Im working alone, come hell or high water..this is a bunch of ****!! bad enough I have to clean it all day, but to put up with it is above and beyond what any of else should have to deal with...
    the end
    ps. sorry so long!
    Last edited by hairdevil; 05-23-07, 06:58 PM.

Wow!!! can we say out of control poss mental case. Give us a rough descript so we don't go hiring her down south!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ah, yes....being one's own boss and own employee all at the same time is so much less stressful. Here's to days ahead full of peace of mind for you. Sounds like you had a real winner there (or is that weiner).
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Wow

what a dangerous and mean groomer. Good that is just about done. Glad the kitties are just fine too. Never thought of the possibility of a groomer sneacking a tranq. I love working alone.

I worked for a while with a groomer they were appropriately trying to get rid of. One time they caught him hanging up on a customer (one of many, many bads, including mean treatment of pets). The kind and gentle manager went out to tell him he'd better stop those kind of actions. He yelled to customers that she was threatening him, and called 911 on her, saying he was "scared" to walk out to his car. They got her demoted and sent to another store. I was AMAZED and very sad.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Wow.......care to go mobile? Seems to solve everyone's problems. I hope things work out ok for you.

Comment

OMG!! What a nightmare! Glad she's gone. You might want to change the locks on your door, too-just in case. I hope the other groomer doesn't hire her. For the pets' sake. You'll be a lot less stressed now.
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I would call every shop in town and warn them about her. That is BAD! Drugging the cats she could have killed them. OH, glad you don't have a temper like mine because I would have knocked her butt right on the floor for having a mouth like that. That is why I work alone lol
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I agree call the shops around town. then maybe get a retraining order on her just in case she a complete nut case which seems she is. also when you leave the shop check your surrounding

Comment

let me tell you...I already have post traumatic stress syndrome from an ex abusive husband....it really doesn't take much to set me off!! BUT! this is my business and my life...a few years back I would've been kickn her act to the curb and back!! no lie! my friends are shocked that I kept it cool, actually, so am I!! must be a 40's thing lol can tell ya, shes orginally from MASS. state, moved here with General Motors, her husband works there. 21 tattoos ...her screenname on another groomers board is bbfh....biker b#[email protected]# from H#[email protected]!! oh soooo true! lol when I found the syringes before she told me she uses them to pop cysts on dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!! we had that arguement already! and to think she worked at a kennel here as a head groomer for 3 years!!! ugh
                  theres another groomer here advertising shes certified with ndgaa..I emailed them...no shes not, and Im sending Jeff Reynolds her advertisement at his request! is there anyone sane anymore???? wheres OZ?? Im going to emerald city to live with the lil people and the cute lil horses!
                  Last edited by hairdevil; 05-23-07, 07:03 PM.

Comment

holy ****! this is why i want to go mobile instead of opening another shop. i can't deal with it. where i am now, we have gone through several groomers.....for various reasons.....none good! that's all i'm saying......she sounds like a real winner!

Comment

You obviously took offense to my post about ICs. I am truly glad you're rid of that liability and hope she doesn't read this ng. In the future, please. please everyone-- do background checks, drug tests and follow IC guidelines if using 1099s. We make most of our own problems by how we handle issues.

Comment

i disagree...we do not make most of our own problems. everyone that is in business has had a problem employee...and it was not the employers fault..im sure many will agree. You never know the true color of a horse til it crosses the finish line!

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
                          i disagree...we do not make most of our own problems. everyone that is in business has had a problem employee...and it was not the employers fault..im sure many will agree. You never know the true color of a horse til it crosses the finish line!
                          You have no idea how much I agree with you on that. Before I started grooming for the public in 1974 I was a district trainer for new employees and managers for a tri-state corp. We polygraphed everyone muliple times and still had employees who stuck a gun to store managers heads after passing polygraphs or who embezzled 10s of thousands of dollars.

Look, the point I was 'trying' to make in the other thread is if shop owners don't follow IC guidelines (and you weren't) their backside is on the line. I hope your gal doesn't know the rules.

In this day and age employers need to do background checks, listen closely to voice tones when checking referennces, do drug tests. do credit checks if needed and for gawd's sake follow all IC guidelines from the get-go!

Comment

I groom a good number of dogs that have NO cysts, not even one a day has a cyst, so what's with the syringes? Clearly she is lying.

Poor cats. Where can she get tranqs? I could never do something like that, the risk is so high. Soooo not worth it.

Tammy in Utah
                            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

So what is going on with the crazy groomers relative the bather????????? What was she doing when this was going on? This is better than the Lost finally!

Comment

Working...
                              X