Update on Raggs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Raggs...

Oh, I am so glad I decided to get a second opinion. I just got back from the vet. They did a urine test and a blood test.. Her kidney's are fine.. She has a small infection and cystine crystals. She has way to much protein in her system from the cat food. But it hasn't done any damage yet. I was thrilled to hear that news.. So she's on a special diet and antibiotics...

Now I wonder why the other vet said she was in kidney failure... I'm so glad I got a second opinion and didn't euthanize her..

YAY.. YAY... YAY....
    Becky

I'm so happy for you.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

What amazing news---that is so awesome and inspiring. Never say never....

Comment

That is great news. Raggs will be around for a long while now.
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

That's great news! I am so glad that you decided to get another opinion!
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

That is such good news! You must be so relieved. I shudder to think what would have happened if you hadn't got a second opinion. You've taught me something.
            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

uhh

I would write the old vet a letter.
              Nothing nasty, stay cool.
              He does need to know he misdiagnosed.

Cheers to your common sense.

Comment

Thanks guys.. I am happy. This new vet marked down that she has eye lid problems, which she doesn't. She had heart abnormalities, but didn't tell me anything about them. And that she needs her teeth cleaned. I just had her teeth cleaned and 8 teeth pulled.. Her teeth are still sparkling white...

She got an antibiotic injection today and now she's eating and drinking..

I have her in a diaper though so she doesn't pee inside.
                Becky

Comment

I am happy for you and Raggs,just hope this "new" vet is correct as for me I would be really confused as to the truth.I guess it's a wait and see what happens,or a third opinon! lol Anyway best of luck w/Raggs.

Comment

The new vet drew blood too, not just a urine sample.. The blood came back all negative...
                    Becky

Comment

Working...
                    X