One more nail and skin tip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more nail and skin tip!

I found a great product that really helps your nails to grow as well as keep your hands soft. I worked so many hours a day in my nail salon that my hands and fingers would actually bleed from all the filing and I would file my own nails to nubs while I was working! I found a product called Hoof-Alive at the feed store. I think you can order it online if you do a search. It's for humans and it really helps your nails to grow and your skin to stay soft. Even while working in harsh conditions. I plan to stock up on it and use it throughout the day when I start grooming!

Thanks for the tip! I need all the help I can get, my hand are a mess right now. Between grooming and fixing up an old house they're so dry they're starting to crack I'll have to check out TSC and see if they have some Hoof-Alive

Comment

Awesome,I need to help my hands... They are getting dry and cracked no matter what I do. I will have to go and see if our feed store carries it.
      "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
      Nancy

Comment

Mine too. In fact they were bleeding from the cracks today.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Feels So Good!

Wow! I can't tell you what a breath of fresh air being here around you groomers is compared to my old crowd! I was soooo misunderstood in my old career with the upscale salon scene! (Poor Me!)

Do you have any idea what those salon chics would say if I told them that I bought something at a "FEED STORE" to use on my nails and skin! Why they would grab their fake Louis Vuitton bags and never speak to me again! LOL!

Feels so good to hang out with "real" people!

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchfunbnme View Post
            Wow! I can't tell you what a breath of fresh air being here around you groomers is compared to my old crowd! I was soooo misunderstood in my old career with the upscale salon scene! (Poor Me!)

Do you have any idea what those salon chics would say if I told them that I bought something at a "FEED STORE" to use on my nails and skin! Why they would grab their fake Louis Vuitton bags and never speak to me again! LOL!

Hey I don't care where I have to buy it as long as it works LOL

Comment

Hey, you should have seen the look on my hair stylists face when I told her I use dog shampoo on my hair. It was priceless.

Comment

What a great tip, mine have been getting very dry as well. They aren't getting roughed or cracked yet, though.

Comment

Yeah we're real

I use bag balm on my feet lol. It is also know as utter butter. The farmers use it on the cows teets. It comes in a green can. Got it at the feel mill. lol Along with my "muck" boots which I love for when it is raining for snowing.
                  If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

That was too funny! Love your Avatar and your screen name too!

Lori

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try to find some. Maybe they have it up here at the Stateline tack store. My hands are always a mess and most lotion just burns them. The only regular lotion I like is the Gold Bond ultra (ultimate) healing lotion. I tried the bag balm but my hands were so dry and awful it wouldn't absorb!

Comment

Maybe I'll try it. My hands are always in sad shape, and so far nothing works well and burns when I try to work it in.

Comment

Working...
                        X