Sooooo Sleepy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooooo Sleepy

I am mobile and it is hot now. 101 or more from now on. A day or two hi 90s. When I get home I check mail, come here for new posts and emails and can barely keep my eyes open. I nod off on here. I simply have to give in and go nap from say 3pm to 7pm then get up for American Idol, and return calls. Then , like now I am wide awake and it is again close to 1AM. Do others have this problem? On occasion I can stay awake, but still doze in front of tv. It is a bad pattern I want to break. Lunesta is all gone and makes me not want to get up in the morn, tho I do, cuz I have to. How do you stay awake once the day is over, especially after dinner.? I was so tired I didn't even eat lunch! I also have no or little appetite and not eating enough food. I just want rice cakes. More water is also a factor, I must increase. Please don't tell me to go see the doc. he just passes out free samples of an new sleep aid or some pills I can't tolerate.

It sounds to me like u have gotten into a habit of napping and need to break it. I notice that if one day I take a nap the rest of the week I am fighting to stay awake around naptime. I push through it and go to bed early, even if that means missing a tv show. Your body needs rest in order to function properly. It's just like a newborn who gets their nights and days confused. Try to find things that keep you awake and hit the hay early. Good luck!

Comment

It just seems you have gotten yourself in a rut. Stop all meds. They arent necessary. Start with your diet. Are you eating 3 meals a day and if your not a meal eater then 5-6 snacks a day will do. Are they balanced meals with a little protein,fruits and veggies. Rice cakes are ok but it would be an added boost to put some peanut butter or cheese on top for some protein. You have to feed your body the proper fuel so you wont be so sleepy. The heat isnt the problen and shouldnt be one with proper food and water as i sip mine now. Oh and stop all fast food. No more unless you have an emergency. Bring snacks with you. Cottage cheese, granola bars, yogert, fruit, veggies,crackers,nuts,or just 2 slices of bread and lunch meat. No brainer food that you can eat in a jiffy. Once you have the proper diet and drink the 6-8 glasses a day of water you will be on your way. Stop all your napping. Keep busy with other work other then on the computer or watching tv. Both can make you want to nap. If your up to it a little exercise wont hurt. Proper exercise and diet can go a long way to boost the body. Your energy will sore through the roof.
      Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

I nap every day for almost the same amount of time. Usually 4-7. Then I have to be in bed by midnight. Its a rule. I wake up at 6AM, have to get to work by 7AM. I get out at 2. In that time, I need a large coffee and a coke to stay awake. On my day off, I will get about 13 -14 hours of sleep in. I am a girl who likes her sleep. Its my favorite thing to do. My partner says I must be part cat.

Today is laundry day, so I had to skip my nap. Thats ok, ill manage. ::sips coffee::

Comment

I've never lived in the south, but isn't that why they came up with siesta's? Sleep during the hottest part of the day. Sounds like you might be doing it right, lol!

Truthfully, I think you should check your diet. I know you're on WW, make sure you're getting everything you need. It can be hard sometimes to watch the nutrition, but it's so important to your well being. And keep the water flowing.

Tip for falling asleep: Your jaw and tongue have to be totally relaxed. If there is any tension in this area, you won't be able to fall asleep. You can test it right now...go ahead...relax your jaw and tongue. See?

Comment

I get too little sleep

But unlike some, I think sleep is such a waste of time. I wish I could not need it at all. I usually go to sleep about midnight, dragging my feet and wake up a bit before 6:00 AM. I get sleepy in the evening and wouldn't stay awake for T V though. My son is an astro physicist. His cycle is about 36 up and 10 sleep if he has his choice. Nothing wrong with different ways, but if it bothers you, then do what you can to change. If you really want to not nap, stay up on your feet, or talk. Computerdom and TV dom can make one very sleepy. I do beleive any sleep aides beyond Camomille Tea, or warm milk can be bad for ones overall health.
            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Thanks guys....

Yes, the WW diet. I usually load up at Costco on fresh fruits and spinach, red peppers =, tomatoes, artichokes. boneless skinless chicken strips and G. Foreman grill them. Lately, not very hungry. I like green apples w/ Pbutter. I watch my sodium and salt can make ya tired. I don't eat foods in boxes or cans etc, all natural. I did buy lean cuisine today cuz it is convenient but hi in sodium. I eat lot of oatmeal with non fat plain yogurt and thawed fresh strawberries or blackberries from, yes, Costco. Speaking of which, I got halle and the boys another big flat pilliow dog bed. Hope she doesn't unzip this one too.I love Costco cuz I don't hve to go to the store as often and the prices are better in bulk. Wish they sold grooming stuff hehe.I eat very6 healthy and do the Pbutter on the rice cakes except for the ranch or cheese flav ones. I am forcing myself to stay here and look for loot and clues collette left. You should know what I mean from petgroomer email you should have received too. I almost NEVER eat fast foods diet or not. Water only, no diet drinks, hate them. Maybe a bit of fruit juice mixed w/ water. Mostly just water. Sip, sip sipping now. Except for evoo. Olive oil, Few fats and the PB.

Comment

i think it's the heat. when i 1st moved to Fl. i thought everyone was slow! lol
                now i'm one of them! there could be worse things we'd be doing than taking a much needed siesta, right? maybe you should just try taking a nap, but set an alarm so that you don't nap for say more than an hour....that's what i do. then i can still get to bed at night. i also exercise an hour a day. so i have no trouble sleeping.

Comment

Full on sleep

Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
                  I am mobile and it is hot now. 101 or more from now on. A day or two hi 90s. When I get home I check mail, come here for new posts and emails and can barely keep my eyes open. I nod off on here. I simply have to give in and go nap from say 3pm to 7pm then get up for American Idol, and return calls. Then , like now I am wide awake and it is again close to 1AM. Do others have this problem? On occasion I can stay awake, but still doze in front of tv. It is a bad pattern I want to break. Lunesta is all gone and makes me not want to get up in the morn, tho I do, cuz I have to. How do you stay awake once the day is over, especially after dinner.? I was so tired I didn't even eat lunch! I also have no or little appetite and not eating enough food. I just want rice cakes. More water is also a factor, I must increase. Please don't tell me to go see the doc. he just passes out free samples of an new sleep aid or some pills I can't tolerate.
                  I can't nap. I would not wake up and sleep intil it's time to get up the next day...LOL I would force yourself to eat. Try some pasta or something high in carbs, and yes, drink a lot of water. I would try not to nap but goto bed earlier. I know people say if you sleep later on a certain day it doesn't make up for lack of sleep on others...but I DO sleep in on my days off and feel refreshed. Try that, hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by SiotehCat View Post
                    I nap every day for almost the same amount of time. Usually 4-7. Then I have to be in bed by midnight. Its a rule. I wake up at 6AM, have to get to work by 7AM. I get out at 2. In that time, I need a large coffee and a coke to stay awake. On my day off, I will get about 13 -14 hours of sleep in. I am a girl who likes her sleep. Its my favorite thing to do. My partner says I must be part cat.

Today is laundry day, so I had to skip my nap. Thats ok, ill manage. ::sips coffee::
                    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I absolutely love to sleep! There is nothing better than crawling in your own nice warm bad, lol. People think I'm nuts because I look forward to sleep, lol.
                    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

i love to sleep too but lately since i'm eating healthy i can't sleep longer than 8 hrs maybe my body feels better and i have more energy,i also take a nap when i feel i need to, as i'm driving around all the time that's important to me so i'm alert i was thinking of something though ask your dr about sleep apnea he should be able to tell you more than me all i can say is that i have it and anybody can have it but people that are overweight have a higher percent of having it the way they found out was through a sleep study they did on me and the symptoms are:sleepy,and tired all the time almost like if you did not sleep at all imagine that anyways they give you a breathing machine to use every night it forces air so it makes you breathe better it's hard to get used to sleeping with it but since you do notice the differnce on how you feel you make yourself use it all the time,if you have more questions ask your doctor about it it's called SLEEP APNEA just something to think about okay.

Comment

Working...
                      X