daycare....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daycare....

Does the cost of childcare kill anybody else? i cant do it anymore, i put in my 2 week notice today and told her i would be availabel to still groom on saturdays if she wants me to. i think if i work really hard on saturdays and mabe groom a few dogs at home i can make almost the same as what i was making after i paid for daycare. I am very sad about this though. i have worked full time since i was 17. only took 6 weeks off when i had my kids. i might go NUTS !!!!!!

I know exactly what you're talking about! I ended up staying home with all 3 of mine until they reached school age. Mostly becuase I wanted to, and thankfully was able to. But too, we checked into child care just to see if it would be an option. It wasn't. I couldn't believe how costly it was. With our last daughter we ended up hiring a p/t nanny even with me being home and actually it was still cheaper than daycare. She was WONDERFUL! We gave up a couple of night's out and a few other things to be able to pay her, but it was so worth it. I feel for you. I hope it works out. You might enjoy staying at home, maybe you could pick up some money making hobbies. If you do end up staying at home try to enjoy it, it won't last forever.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. I dont have to pay for child care right now, because my son is in school. I get out in time to pick him up, and if I need to work on weekends, my partner takes care of him. The daycare that my son used to go to, I felt was well worth the money. Everything was on a schedule. When my son was of age to go into school, he was prepared AND he had friends starting with him also.

Comment

Originally posted by SiotehCat View Post
        I know exactly what you mean. I dont have to pay for child care right now, because my son is in school. I get out in time to pick him up, and if I need to work on weekends, my partner takes care of him. The daycare that my son used to go to, I felt was well worth the money. Everything was on a schedule. When my son was of age to go into school, he was prepared AND he had friends starting with him also.
        i agree, it is worth it, for my little one, his center is AWESOME !! they have a 2-3 year waiting list, another reason i am so worried about doing this, it will be hard for me to get him back in. but they have a very strucuted curriculum and he has learned alot.
        my oldest son daycare, sucks, but it was the only place that could pick him up from school, and he is only there about an hour a day, but i wont have to worry about that much longer

Comment

Working...
        X