update on my husbands weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on my husbands weight loss

hello everybody i just wanted all of you to know how my husband is doing with his weight loss, so far he has lost 60 pounds in around 7 weeks he looks different on his face and his clothes don't fit anymore i think we will go shoping for clothes this weekend he does'nt want to yet he said he wants to wait until he looses 100 i'm thinking about going to his support group class this month and ask everybody to donate the clothes that does not fit them and maybe swap them around between them that way they won't have to spend that much money on buying clothes what do you think about this idea is it good or not?

Check out thrift stores & yard sales

too. Good to great stuff at very affordable prices.

Erica

Comment

Wow! Good for him! You know I was just thinking about you guys earlier and was going to check on here for any updates on him! How funny is that?! I'm glad he is doing well. It's nice when the clothes dont fit. How much does he have to lose alltogether? I think a clothes swap is a good idea, I would also check thrift stores, Salvation Army,etc. Keep us posted.

Comment

what is he doing to lose weight so fast? did he have surgery?? wow, congratulations to him anyway!!!! wish I could do that!! lol

Comment

he used to weigh 422 and the doctor wants him down to about 220-230 he is 6 feet tall so i guess that would be okay i'm also watching what i eat and so far i've lost 15 pounds in around 3 months or so i still eat almost anything i want i just eat 1/2 the portions or less, and i don't eat any sweets or regular sugar i love drinking water so that helps too. and to everybody else who is wondering how he is loosing the weight,he had the gastric bypass surgery in march i believe it was the 20 of march of this year so he is doing very good i guess i'll have a new guy real soon at the rate he is loosing the weight.

Comment

sorry i forgot to explain my idea of swaping the clothes,well i'm still trying to figure it out i would want to ask everybody in the support group to donate the clothes because some people are way heavier than others the clothes would be used by everyone the thing is we would have to get a place to store them i was thinking of even my garage and hang them like in a store sorting by size etc.then having the members of the group come by and getting what they need maybe something like if you bring 2 pants you can take 2 pants of another size if you bring 2 shirts then take 2 shirts etc. so that way nobody would take advantage of the free clothes idea,if anybody has any ideas let me know i would love to hear them.also i love going to yard sales,and thrift stores the only thing is i never find any big clothes for him i don't know why maybe because they are so expensive i don't know anyways like i said i'm working on the idea i have around 3 weeks to come up with my plan and let my husband know how it would work .

Comment

Originally posted by NUNGUIS View Post
              sorry i forgot to explain my idea of swaping the clothes,well i'm still trying to figure it out i would want to ask everybody in the support group to donate the clothes because some people are way heavier than others the clothes would be used by everyone the thing is we would have to get a place to store them i was thinking of even my garage and hang them like in a store sorting by size etc.then having the members of the group come by and getting what they need maybe something like if you bring 2 pants you can take 2 pants of another size if you bring 2 shirts then take 2 shirts etc. so that way nobody would take advantage of the free clothes idea,if anybody has any ideas let me know i would love to hear them.also i love going to yard sales,and thrift stores the only thing is i never find any big clothes for him i don't know why maybe because they are so expensive i don't know anyways like i said i'm working on the idea i have around 3 weeks to come up with my plan and let my husband know how it would work .

This idea has a simple brilliance and it is a wonderful idea. I think the way you are thinking (take the amount you give) is perfect. No one could take advantage or accuse YOU of trying to profit. Give your hubby (and yourself) a big hug and pat on the back!! Hope this momentum keeps on going.

My hubby is trying to quit smoking, (again) but I think he means it this time! Everyone keep their fingers crossed for him too! The bone-head won't buy the patches or gum, he says they cost to much!!! I told him if he does the math they will pay for themselves in 2 weeks of him not smoking....lol...oh well maybe he can do it himself.
              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Congratulation for both of your weight loss. I'm glad he is doing good. Keep up the good work. As far as the clothes swap what a GREAT idea. Saves money for everyone. Your idea about how to do it 2/2 or whatever is sounds like a winner to me. Let us know how your hubby feels about it and the folks at the meeting.

Scoop

Comment

Working...
                X