Litter (not the puppy kind)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litter (not the puppy kind)

I'm a mobiler and driving around all day I have seen so much litter everywhere I just can't believe it! What is with people? Can't they just wait 5 to 10 minutes or so until they get where they are going to throw out their trash? Better yet, how about just keeping a bag in their car if they're so impatient and can't wait to get rid of it. And...how about using an ashtray in your car instead of throwing the butts out your car window. I must see this a minimum of 5 times a day. There are enough things out there that are out of our control polluting our world. Let's not add more to it that we can control. This drives me nuts, I really had to vent. Thanks for reading!

It really bothers me too. I am very earth friendly. My 2 kids would never throw anything out the window, this is how they were taught. my city is actually pretty clean for such a populated place. the prisoners are always out there in their striped pj's cleaning up. when I was a kid, the commercial with the indian with the tear in his eye while he was looking at the polluted riverside, that had a great impact on me. even as a kid i would never pollute. If everyone teaches their children now! not to pollute, we could have a cleaner future. will it happen? i don't know. but it is a happy thought. Oh, and once my ex-husband threw his butt out the widow of my car in Feb in Fl. which is our very dry season. did I mention he was my ex-husband?lol

Comment

litter(not the puppy kind)

Bothers me too. I live by the side of a major road & they throw garbage out the window as I run the dogs in the yard. water bottles,soda bottles, fast food containers,etc. Aside from being illegal & non-earth friendly-- it just isn't nice but some people just don't have manners.

Comment

There's a lot here too. It's so disrespectful. One of my co workers who recently moved to my state just commented the other day about how dirty it was here, lol. I have to agree with her. There are so many beautiful areas around here, but it seems overwhelmed by the litter. It's just ridiculous.
        Last edited by rapuzzled; 04-26-07, 11:39 AM. Reason: I couldn't spell when I typed this...
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I agree I hate seeing all the trash on the side of the road. I will admit that I throw out appel core. I figure that i'm making the roadside ants happy with some biodegradable matter. But not all the pop bottles, fast food wrapers.

Comment

I used to think the litter was bad in the US until I started traveling. Some countries have no dumps and no trash collection systems.

Comment

I agree!! I am appalled at the way people treat their neighborhoods. I've been sitting at lights and in traffic and seen people just throwing an entire food bag and drink out the window. Ggrrrrrrr!!! I honk and they look at me like I"M the jerk?!?!? I would've been smacked senseless if I had done this when I was little. And I freak out when a napkin catches the wind in your car and goes flying out the window. Makes me sick.
              Erin
              No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Oh I agree with everything that has been said. When I was a little girl there was a song that I learned in Sunday School called "Litter Bug"

Litter bug, litter bug, see what you've done.
                You've littered up the highways, every one.
                You wouldn't want this in you own front yard
                So way make a mess of the boulevard (blvd)

There may be more verses it but I can't remember them, after all it was a very LONG time ago.

What is even worse, when we up camping in the mountains and go for a walk in the beautiful out doors we come across trash in the rivers, creeks, and forest. Makes me sick to see how people care about this planet. Then there are the creeps at the campgrounds that don't know how to clean up after themselves and leave the site a mess. The fire pit has soda, beer cans in them that for some reason don't burn, WHAT are they thinking!!??

I don't throw things out of the car, leave trash at campsites or in the rivers, lakes, mountains. My parents taught me better than that.

Thanks for letting me vent here a little.
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

Originally posted by ejmj30 View Post
                  I agree!! I am appalled at the way people treat their neighborhoods. I've been sitting at lights and in traffic and seen people just throwing an entire food bag and drink out the window. Ggrrrrrrr!!! I honk and they look at me like I"M the jerk?!?!? I would've been smacked senseless if I had done this when I was little. And I freak out when a napkin catches the wind in your car and goes flying out the window. Makes me sick.
                  I have a very strong memory of being about 5 or 6 yrs old and throwing a candy bar wrapper out of the window. My daddy pulled over to the side of the road and "frog marched" me down the road till we found it, lecturing the whole time. That impressed me enough to NEVER do that again! I also live and have my business right on a main hwy and the litter that accumulates!!!!! Especially all the beer bottles which goes to show how many people STILL drink and drive!! Ooooooh it makes me sooooooo MAD!!!!
                  SheilaB from SC

Comment

I too loath litter bugs!Since I am mobile I drive past areas every day and notice how trash is like a maganet,one day it's just a cup,the next day it's the cup and a soda bottle,and a bag.Then the mowers mow and then it's strewn all over and in a gazillion pieces!Then to top it off I pick up trash thrown into my ditch at my home and have found more than once soda bottles that some jerk has urinated in! That just makes me sick.

Comment

Littering is so lazy and ignorant. Big eyesore in this city too. No excuse for it either, since there are lots of dumpsters & garbage cans around. Just lazy.

Comment

Once

when hiking with a few cub scouts, one of them tossed his Soda Can on the ground. I verbally jumped on him. He really did not seem to understand any reason for not tossing it on the ground, saying it was only one can, and seemed to have never heard not to. Reasoning about if all people did that and that animals could get hurt didn't faze him. Luckily when we got back to camp my insistance that his Father faze him seemed to work.

I had an ex-date that tossed his ciggie butt on the ground. Huh? he asks when I pointed out the faux pa (hmmm so used to Faux Paw, don't know how to spell the original, lol).

Well then there is a country near here that I've been told hires people to go around and pick up the trash tossed around. If they did not toss trash around, the picker uppers would be out of a job. SO, they say, they it is a long time habit of tossing trash on the ground. Sounds suspicious, but you never know.
                        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

What PI$$E$ me off beyond ANYTHING is seeing cigarette butts and beer cans littering our land! Oh, I should just stop now while I'm ahead or I might say something I might regret.

On a lighter note but same topic, SOMETIMES wind is the problem. It blows trash out of people's garbage cans, or right out of their hands, etc... So it's not always intentional littering, it's the occasional "not being careful" problem, and it's still no excuse. When I was in high school in California, our high school was brand new and we didn't yet have a cafeteria to eat in. So we ate outside on the lunch benches. And we had Santa Ana winds. NICE. Can we say lunch garbage EVERYWHERE? And we had no other choice sometimes.

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                          X