Update on the Shepherd puppies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the Shepherd puppies...

Brought them in to the vet to get their dewclaws removed. We noticed one for the past couple days has not been acting normal and mom is favoring her. So at the vet today I had them check her out. She has a brain stem tumor. Euthanasia is strongly recommended. They didn't even have to get out anything after brain stem tumor and I automatically thought, it's time to let the puppy go.

So we are letting mom say bye and tomorrow we are taking her in to "go to god". So now it's 10 males and 1 female. There are 2 people that wanted a female and it was perfect because there was 2. But now we have to decide who gets the remaining female.

It's so sad.. Only 6 days old and already needs to leave us...
    Becky

Oh my gosh, that is sooooo sad. I am glad that you are able to make the best decision for her!
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Big hugs. That so hard. I have a dog with a brain stem tumor right now but she is doing good on pred. It was touch and go for a little while. I don't know if its any easier for it to happen so young or later in life. Give mommy a extra scratch for me.

Comment

that is so sad. i'm sorry that happened to one of my moms shep pups/ different med. cond. but same thing just a baby & not feeding /brought her in and she had a cond. where she could not swallow anything. very sad

Comment

It is very sad. My dad is all for euthanasia, but my step-mom is being selfish and doesn't want to do it. She says that if she's really going to die she can do it on her own. I told her that was cruelty and some other things that I can't remember right now. So now she's going to let the puppy go peacefully instead of suffering.
          Becky

Comment

Got some pics up too..

Well my step mom will not put the puppy down. Even after the owner of the stud came down and talked to her and told her about another puppy that had th same thing. Next is most likely going to be seizures. Kana (the owner of the stud) knows some neurological stimulation and tests that a neurologist taught her. She barely even touched the puppy's spine and it started screaming. Touch anywhere else and the puppy was fine. Poor thing is in constant pain. But my step mom is now going to spend a bunch of money my dad doesn't have to take the puppy to a neurologist to do test and to try to save the puppy. She just doesn't get it. This puppy is not going to get better. It can't take any medication this young and I'm sorry to say, it's just pointless. We need to end the puppy's suffering. I know if I was like that I would want someone to end my suffering. So sad how we euthanize animals but not people. That's considered murder.
            Attached Files
            Becky

Comment

i really feel for you on this. that's so tough. if it was me that puppy would 'disappear'

maybe your dad can get it euthanized while she's at work and then bring it home and pretend it died naturally?

Comment

I have a hard time seeing any dog suffer particualy the little bitty ones. I thing NUK might be right and the pup might need a clastine vist to the vet and be "found" peacfully passed in its sleep.

Comment

Working...
                X