They accepted our offer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They accepted our offer...

..and if everything goes as planned, we should have a house by June! And I will officailly be in debt for the next 30 years! lol

It's not a mansion, just a small ranch, but alot better than the chicken coup we are in now. New roof, windows, siding, nice big deck on the back, pool, full basement. The neighbors are a bit close on either side, but the back yard is long and beyond that there is open field and woods. Only has 1/2 acre.

It's not in all that bad of shape on the inside. New ceramic tile in the kitchen and bathroom, the rest is stripped down to the hardwood which needs redone, or carpeted. The yard needs cleaned up and landscaped. And it has the perfect baby room....light blue paint with white picket fence painted around the room with little animals peeking their heads out from between.

Hopefully nothing will leak or flood...we have the leaky house curse. Every apartment we have lived in has either flooded or the roof leaked. This place has a new roof (06) and the basement seems pretty good.

I'm excited.

There's No Place Like Home!

CONGRATULATIONS Jessica!!!! Buying a house is so exciting! You gotta pay to live somewhere, you might as well pay on something that will someday be yours - even if it'll be 30 years from now. You can still say it's yours now. It sounds absolutely adorable! Post pics sometime - So happy for you!

Comment

Hey congrats! and welcome to big debt! lol jk (there's nothing like owning your own house) Paint the walls chartreuse if you want and nobody can say a thing!

Comment

CONGRATS to you and your family. Doesn't need to be a mansion, to be a nice home. Plus who the heck wants to clean a mansion LOL! Post some pictures. May you have many happy years there.

Scoop

Comment

Congratulations!! What a great way to start out with the new baby - that baby room sounds adorable - I think I want one just like it! LOLOL

Comment

Congrats! It's exciting isn't it? My family just into our first "real" house. We were in a large town house before. The house we're in now is actually a little smaller, BUT we got to trade in for several acres, a garage bigger than our house, a nice inground pool, etc. Soo, we're very happy! Have fun decorating and setting up everything how you like it!
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Thanks, Im excited, but trying not to get TOO excited in case something doesn't go through, but they don't see a problem with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Puppy View Post
                Thanks, Im excited, but trying not to get TOO excited in case something doesn't go through, but they don't see a problem with anything.
                I know that feeling. It was so close, I could touch it, but I couldn't let myself get too excited in case something fell through.
                But I know that it will all work out for you!
                Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Congratulations! Sounds really nice. I would give anything right now for 1/2 acre -- I can almost touch the house next to mine if I lean far out the window. Gotta love FL developments...I miss the northeast.

Comment

Congrats! That is just awesome! I can't wait until our house is done---it's been a nightmare so far, but will be a dream later. You're going to love the freedom from apartment neighbors! I sure do being out in the country now!

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                    X