Desaderada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desaderada

I have been searhing on google for a poem called Desaderada. It comes up but no printed poem. Many hits but I can't get it printed. It is not a rhyme but really thought provoking. The only partI recall is " you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here...does anyone know this ? I first read it in school. It was even a song on a 45" record back in the 60s. Anyone remember?If you find it, can you print it? I guess I will take a trip to Barnes and Noble. Now it is driving me nuts til I can locate it. It also says do not compare yourself with others.... and as far as possible, be on good terms with all people.....

Yes I've read the poem

very inspirational.
    Don't know how to get a copy tho.

Erica

Comment

Try Desiderata
      What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Luvpups

Thank you soooo much. I love that poem. It is so fitting for here. I will try to copy it without typos when I have time later today. It just covers all our conversations and the awful shootings too. Meantime, anyone can look it up and read it google Desiderata poem click read it and there you are.Funny, the name just popped into my head a few days ago and part of the poem. It is something you never completely forget after reading it.

Comment

i would love to find a nice print of that. my mom used to have a big gold on velvet one that i must have read a thousand times as a kid please post when you find it!

Comment

Working...
          X