Today is a very sad anniversary for my family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is a very sad anniversary for my family

It has been 2 yrs today since my stepson Josh was killed in a car accident. In some ways it seems like yesterday, and in some ways it seems such a long time ago. It is true that you never "get over" something like this, you just learn to live w/it.

Today is going to be a rough one for my family and Josh's mom and myself. Please just think of us in your prayers. I am going to post the memorial that Barbara (Josh's mom) put in the paper last year. He was such a good looking kid and soooooo funny. That kid could get you laughing no matter what kind of mood you were in. He had so many good friends too who I know are going to have a rough day. Anyway, I just wanted to share because I have come to think of you guys as friends.
    Attached Files
    SheilaB from SC

Joshua is a great looking kid, you can just see it in his smile, it really comes through.

I send you and your family prayers today from North Carolina as well as Joshua, who is probably wowing everyone up in heaven as well!

God Bless You!

Comment

I am so sorry....he looks like a great kid. It's always so hard to deal with the death of a loved one...especially someone so young. You and your family are in our prayers today.

Debbie
      "Shancey's Mom"

Comment

dear sheila
        im so sorry about josh,he looks like such a kind young man,i will keep you and your family in my prayers
        trish

Comment

How wonderful you are to think of others

on this sad day for you.

The Compassionate Friends ( a support group for bereaved parents & siblings)helped me soooooooo much when my son died.

If you've not receieved any literature from them, I would at least consider it.
          They have newsletters, a website & chapters all over the world. Doesn't cost a thing.

I am very busy today, but just had to let you know I will pray for you & yours.
          You are in my thoughts.
          PM me anytime.

Much love to you.
          Erica

Comment

I'm sorry you are going through so much pain today. Just know I am here for you as much as I can be, along with everyone else on this board. Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, this place has grown to be so much more than just a forum to talk about grooming.

Comment

My thoughts are with you and the family.
              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
              Diane

Comment

Sending lots of hugs your way today Sheilab. Josh is adorable and I just can't imagine the pain of losing a child. I'll be lifting you and the family up in prayer.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. And I hope tomorrow will be a brighter day. Losing a child must be the hardest thing any one would ever endure. We had a loss of a child in our family when I was young. She was 2. My cousin. My grandmother was a wonderful poet and I would like to share this with you if I may. And for you too Eli. and anyone else that has ever lost a child.......
                  Laura
                  Rae Jean

Someone came from heaven
                  someone bright and gay
                  When we think of her we know
                  An angel passed this way

When she first joined our family
                  we knew she could not stay
                  But god wanted us to have her
                  So an angel passed this way.

We called our angel Rae Jean
                  and loved her with all our heart
                  We only hoped and prayed for time
                  Before we'd have to part.

But god knows best for everyone
                  And took her one sad day
                  But when we think about her
                  We know an angel passed this way.

Doris McGinley

Comment

Sheila,

Do you believe that we meet people for a reason? I read your post today and it truly helped me. Last night my sons best friend was killed in a car accident on our road. My hurt for my 19 year old son who has lost a friend and his mother who has lost a child. But, somehow I sit here and mourn over this child who I remember as being in elementary school and would give me a hard time or ask if he could come over. This child who would look at me and smile and ask me to bring cupcakes to class.

May God hold your heart in the palm of his hand and heal your pain.

Comment

He was a very good looking kid. I just can't even imagine what you are going through. I had a friend die in a car accident a few years ago, but that is nothing compared to losing a son, or stepson. I hope you know that you are loved here, and I know that you and the rest of the family are in our prayers!
                      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

goldiphlox

What a BEAUTIFUL poem you have shared with us!!

And to the rest of you who have sooo bravely reached out & to those who will, may God bless you.

The coton I groom - not sure if groom would be the proper term - more like find the body under the fluff- anyhow!! Her Mom suffered the loss of a son & it seems she & I can always find something to talk about. So many people just don't want to hear it.

14 years ago it would have been very soothing to have a message board to go to to share all the pain, anger, overwhelming grief etc...

God Bless you all EVERYDAY!
                        I love you guys!!!!
                        Erica

Comment

My heart is broken for you and your family.
                          I'm so sorry this happened. It's just not fair.

We never know what the future holds for any of us.
                          That's why we have to enjoy life everyday.

I'm glad you shared with us.
                          We all really do care about you.

<<HUGS>>
                          www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                          http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Sheila, I am so sorry for you all. I have a knot in my stomach after seeing his pics and reading the notes. He was a very handsome boy. It's so sad and so hard. You are all in our prayers tonight.
                            Erin
                            No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

You've got me wiping away the tears, Sheila. Thanks for sharing, he's a handsome young man.

I'd like to know who Kimmie is---is she the girl in the photo with him?

Tammy in Utah
                              PS: I hope you made it through the day ok. How'd your husband do?
                              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                              X