We adopted an Ibizan Hound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We adopted an Ibizan Hound

I'm so excited. Tonight we signed the paper work to make Griffin our newest member of the family.

Griffin is an approximately 5 year old wire haired Ibizan Hound. We adopted him from IHCUS (Ibizan hound rescue). He is so great and so spoiled. While it's been different sharing space with a large dog (he's large for an Ibizan) it sure has been special.

My daughter has wanted an Ibizan for about 3 years now. We've chatted with breeders but since my daughter is only almost 9, I wasn't sure I wanted to spend thousands of dollars on a pet. Fate brought Griffin's foster mom into my store where I learned about him and we started the process a few days later. My daughter loves him, and he is fast becoming her shadow. He's been living with us for just over 2 weeks and each day you see him relax a little more as he accepts the new way things are in his life. Here is a picture of him with my daughter.
    Attached Files

Nice

Looks like a great dog and great home. Now I will bet that she will be constantly asked what mix her dog is. Fun. I'm not too sure if you'd have put it's picture up and asked Guess the Breed if too many people would have known. A lovely breed, enjoy.
    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

What a cute pic, and what a sweet looking dog! He looks like he's smiling! Looks like your daughter has a buddy for life there. I love happy endings!

Comment

Just like w/human couples I think there is the perfect match for dogs and their humans. It looks like this hound has found his "soul mate". That is a darling picture. BTW, he is HUGE!!! I love bigguns!
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

What a great looking dog. I've heard of the breed before but I don't think I've ever seen one, except on TV (dog shows).

I hope you will enjoy him as much as I have enjoyed bringing Toby into my family.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            What a great looking dog. I've heard of the breed before but I don't think I've ever seen one, except on TV (dog shows).

I hope you will enjoy him as much as I have enjoyed bringing Toby into my family.
            I've never seen one either! What a beautiful dog!
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I love this breed! Never seen a wirehaired though. Such a happy story! Enjoy.
              Erin
              No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Working...
              X