My nephew may have cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My nephew may have cancer

Jacob is only 3 and his mom noticed that his right eye was swollen on Sunday and he would cry when she washed his face. She took him to the doctor and they have discovered a tumor behind his eye. The tumor is eating away the bone by his eye, and has gone around to the other eye. He was flown into Denver from Wyo to a childrens hospital ( I think ). They are running some test on him to see if it is cancer. Jacob has other health issuses too, he has Prator Willey Sydrom (I'm sure I've really misspelled that), so this is really something that he just doesn't need to deal with.

This is a pic of Jacob. Hope I got the right one.
    Attached Files
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Diane,

I sure hope the tests prove that Jacob has something other than cancer and that is very treatable. I have a customer who's 3 year old son was diagnosed with childhood lukemia over a year ago and he is still undergoing treatments, but responding very well.

I will keep Jacob in my prayers.

Michelle

Comment

Dianne, he is darling. I will keep him and you and your family in my prayers. Cancer is such an awful and scary thing for anyone to be faced with. I can't even imagine the pain of having to deal w/my young child having it. Let's hope it turns out to be a benign tumor and the surgery will be the end of it. Huggs and Prayers!
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

Oh my, we all are sooo sorry.We members.

Is this your sisters' child? You KNOW there will be many prayers for your nephew. Such a little angel. I have heard (Dr. Phil) about the syndrome, but don't recall what it is. Sounds like a rocky road ahead with surgery. We will be pulling for you that he doesn't loose his eye or the sight. I know his parents must be worried sick. Miracles can and do happen. Let's hope he comes through this in tact. You are in my thoughts.I have been up all night and just got this keyboard typing again. It would not type....and I thought I had problems!

Comment

Oh, what your family must be going through with this possibility in your minds. I hope that it turns out to be something that can be remedied fairly easily. I'm familiar with the syndrome that you mentioned. My niece has it, and she was born hydrocephalic (water on the brain, and again....most likely spelled wrong). These kids can be amazingly strong and do extremely well with everything they have to go through. Prayers to you and your family
          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Oh Diane, I am so sorry to hear this. Your nephew is a cutie-patootie! But lets hope for the best. Modern medicine can surprise everyone, lets think positive.

Sending you and your nephew lots of prayers from North Carolina.

Jennifer

Comment

He is a cute little guy. I'm so sorry to hear that about his eye. Hopefully they can take care of it. Being a mom of two toddlers, I can understand the horror his parents must be going through right now.
              I will keep him in my prayers.
              Hugs

Comment

Pixie that is just aweful. I'll be sending good thoughts your way. I hope eveything turns out ok for your family. After hearing something like this it makes me hug my daughter just a little tighter.

Comment

Our prayers are with you/him.

Comment

My cousin had something similiar to this, I can't remember the name. He was around 3 as well, HE IS NOW 18 and fine! We were all on vacation together and we noticed that the color of one of his eyes had changed from blue to green. We took him to a local MD and he had a tumor behind his eye that had caused bleeding, hence the color change. He went to an eye institute in Pennsylvania, we were in Vermont and he lived in Ohio. This place in Penn, was supposed to be the best. He had that eye removed and they got the tumor, chemo, etc. That was many moons ago and he has never had any problems. Your little guy will be in my thoughts, keep us updated

Comment

I hadn't opened the message

but when I did and found it was a little one it sickened me. Prayers and hope. Nice to hear Cassidy1's cousin having done so well. My son was rushed to Children's hospital long ago. His problem was resolved, but I just remember the scare, the limbo feelings and most unusual for me, I didn't want to reach out to people at all, sort of went into a shell. That though has helped me understand to let a person in Trauma, whether for a loved one or their own, set the pace, offering only what they wish, and letting them know other's care and pray.
                      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Pixie, I will be keeping Jacob and his parents in my prayers. I couldn't imagine going through that! I hope that everything works out just fine! What a cute little guy!
                        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Diane, I'm so sorry to hear about Jacob. More prayers are coming from Hamlin to add to the rest of the country. Please keep us posted.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Jacob is such a little cutie. Keep us posted and know we are all here for you! Take care!

Scoop

Comment

Thanks for all the heart felt prayers and well wishes, it is so much appreciated. He is my sister's grandson (neice's son) so I guess that makes him my grand-nephew. I wasn't thinking when I said nephew at first, he's just part of the whole big family. He is just a sweet little guy.

I will keep you posted as I learn more. Once again thank you for the prayers and well wishes.
                              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                              Diane

Comment

Working...
                              X