Dang, My house stinks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang, My house stinks!

AKA making dog treats for another holiday. Does anyone else make homemade dog treats for clients? This batch is carrot & apple (some chicken) but they still stink up the whole house! LOL The liver treats smell horrid but my customers (4-legged) love them. (husband DOES NOT!)

Originally posted by pugnacious View Post
    AKA making dog treats for another holiday. Does anyone else make homemade dog treats for clients? This batch is carrot & apple (some chicken) but they still stink up the whole house! LOL The liver treats smell horrid but my customers (4-legged) love them. (husband DOES NOT!)
    Boil some water in a pan and toss in a couple of cinnamon sticks and whole cloves, if you have them. Your house will smell like cookies instead of stinking like dog biscuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
      Boil some water in a pan and toss in a couple of cinnamon sticks and whole cloves, if you have them. Your house will smell like cookies instead of stinking like dog biscuits.
      I have also used sliced apples (usually to ripe or bruised to eat) and a dollop of vanilla along w/the cinnamon. Makes the house smell like apple pie!! I have to be careful of the air fresheners because of my Amazon.
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

You're right those homemade doggie biscuits do stink...And it's a stink that tends to linger. Helly & Sheilab's ideas sound so yummy...I LOVE apple/cinnamon smells. I like to put some apples in the crockpot with some brown sugar & cinnamon when I'm making those stinky treats. It helps to mask the odor a bit and usually covers it completely once they're done baking. What a good groomer you are making treats for your doggie clients!!!

Comment

simmering vanilla works too
          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Working...
          X