Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People.

I don't understand people sometimes really I don't

Some lady comes up to me with her Shar Pei puppy bouncing around on his leash. She says " when will the adoptoin people be here?"

"Not till next Saturday why, are you thinking of getting a buddy for him?"

"No, we're need to get rid of him, It's my daughters dog and she's getting married and moving to a apartment"

"Really" deep breath here "Ok let me have you fill out some paperwork Ok"

It's a maybe 4 month old Shar Pei puppy (fawn), that she wants to give up.

So we take him. The husband, signs the paperwork and then goes to get his kennel, his pen, his all organic food (go fig they forgot his shot records). At this point the lady is balling and wants to take pics of him with the family before they leave. So here I am taking pics of the husband and the dog, mom and the dog, and the sons and the dog.

So finally they leave and I'm walking the baby and I go to pick him and he growls at me. Naughty, naughty puppy. He's name was Bowser and know its Alex.
    Never gonna know if you never even try

Don't feel bad, I can't figure out people either.

I wonder if the real reason they wanted to get rid of him is that he growls?
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

Well at least they made an effort.

Whizzy's BREEDER (and I use the term loosely) walked into a vet's office, handed him to the receptionist, pushed his shot record across the counter, said "Find him a home." and walked out the door. Lucky Whizzy. He never made it to the adoption center. He got as far as the kennel where I work, and came home with me.

The dumb woman even had her business card attached to his shot record. Guess who will NOT be getting a referal for puppies from me, or anyone connected with the kennel I work for, St. Francis CARE, who picked him up from the vet, or from the vet's office.

Comment

I wonder why a 4 month old pup is showing agression? That is not really normal. Maybe he was not handled. As I sit here typing my 5 1/2 month old choc lab is growling away. He is very protective. Looking out the window with his hair standing up growling like he is going to kill someone. He growls when my hubby comes home from work until he realized who it is. Guess I have a guard dog lol. He just better never growl at me or it will be the shock of his life.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
          I wonder why a 4 month old pup is showing agression? That is not really normal. Maybe he was not handled. As I sit here typing my 5 1/2 month old choc lab is growling away. He is very protective. Looking out the window with his hair standing up growling like he is going to kill someone. He growls when my hubby comes home from work until he realized who it is. Guess I have a guard dog lol. He just better never growl at me or it will be the shock of his life.
          Are you keeping the chocolate then?

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
            It's normal in a lot of oriental breeds, like Shar Pei and Chows. They're just suspicious by nature. I remember working with several Chow pups that were showing aggressive tendencies as early as 8 weeks. One of them was down right vicious.

Come to think of it, I had a beagle pup, sister of Tyrone the Wonderbeagle, that would curl her lips and show you her little gummies at the ripe old age of 4 days! She was an orphan that we had to bottle raise, and had the same infection that killed her mother and several of her littermates. I think it affected her brain. Boy, was she a lot of work. She grew up to be a sneaky butt nipper. She never actually took a real bite, but she tore the seat of a few people's britches and tee shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
              It's normal in a lot of oriental breeds, like Shar Pei and Chows. They're just suspicious by nature. I remember working with several Chow pups that were showing aggressive tendencies as early as 8 weeks. One of them was down right vicious.

Come to think of it, I had a beagle pup, sister of Tyrone the Wonderbeagle, that would curl her lips and show you her little gummies at the ripe old age of 4 days! She was an orphan that we had to bottle raise, and had the same infection that killed her mother and several of her littermates. I think it affected her brain. Boy, was she a lot of work. She grew up to be a sneaky butt nipper. She never actually took a real bite, but she tore the seat of a few people's britches and tee shirts.
              OUCH! That brought back unkind memories. I was bit several times as a teenager by one of my friend's Dalmations. The first time we had been playing with her and as soon as I turned around she got me right in the tush. I kind of laughed and shrugged it off until it happened again (the laugh was to keep from crying - cuz it did hurt!). It seemed every time I turned my back on her - CHOMP. It didn't take me long to learn to walk away facing her. She always seemed to have a devilish little spark in her eye and to this day Dalmation's kinda freak me out.

Comment

Update

So I took mister Shar Pei puppy(Bruiser bf's idea) home for the night and he was a perfect angel. Really an angel (I think he was testing the waters earlier). He's leash broke, crate trained and as housebroke as a 3.5 month old baby can be (no accidents and slept trough the night). My bf and buddies were playing band for a couple of hours and he was a pretty cool about it.

But he is going to his new home tommorrow moring in San Antonio (managers sister). He is already signed up for trainning classes and has a vet appointment for a intail check-up Wed. moring. His new mommy has been researching Shar Pei's for awhile and is super excited.

Just one night and I'm going to miss his snorty self.
                Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

Working...
                X