Standard rescue NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard rescue NC

I know of a Standard that needs re-homed. He is 7, not housebroken, but is crate trained and will need to be neutered. Same old story, the owner is moving and can’t take him. She is kind of strange about getting him altered too. In any case he is apricot (I think-or at least that is the answer I got). He is also (it sounded like) a puppy mill rescue, and is supposedly good with kids?

Were in NC.? Send me a pm w/info.I maybe interested,thanks

Comment

7 years old and not house broken. yuck. Poor guy
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

he is in Sneads Ferry NC which is about 1/2 hour north of Wilmington and 2 1/2 hours from Raliegh

Comment

Sneads Ferry is about an hour and a half from me.Like I said before I would like some more info.It would be alot of work to whip this poor boy into shape if it is possible.So sad to think this guy has spent so much time in a crate.He is also seven,not old and sure not young either.If you don't want to post all the details,"PM" me and we can take it from there if you would like.

Comment

I did a PM, because I am not sure if I am allowed to do this, but our # is 910 989 0355. Wow, didn't know anyone on this board was that close!!

Comment

Hey gal,I spoke to Terra today and we plan on meeting next weekend so I can meet Alex.Thanks for taking the time and effort in trying to find this guy a home.I will let you know how it works out."btw"It was nice talking w/you today and hope you and your family have a nice Easter! Just wish it hadn't turned so darn cold again!

Comment

Gosh I am so happy!! Hope you guys have a great Easter. Oh yes it has turned cold. Hey if you get a chance to check out the circus when it gets there, it is worth it although it was cold tonight! I loved the circus poodles!! Great for kids. Hope Alex works out, glad to send someone her way!

Comment

Thanks,I do plan a trip to the circus as it arrives in town on monday,just in time for my daughters b-day!This is a busy weekend 4-sure and in case I left anything out I plan on meeting the owners of the dog(Alex) next weekend."She" has already decided "for" me that I will be adopting him! lol I have not,but knowing me I will! lol Thanks again,maybe we can meet one another some day,would be fun Anyway we can keep in touch via the board.Nice to chat w/a fellow groomer who is some what close by.BTW I was tickled this morning when I called and the gal who answered the phone had a dog in her arms (I'am guessing) and that guy was panting in the phone,a real "heavy" breather!

Comment

Yep that was my co-owners husband. He kind of talks that way, but I think he was holding on to a mammoth cocker. So excited about the standard. Wouldn’t it be cool (when we are not all insanely busy ) to start a fun day for fellow groomers. We could swap stories at lunch or groom our own doggies, and trade idea’s? Any how hope your daughters b-day is great, let me know about the Alex progress!!

Comment

You bet I will,in fact you can be the first one "in the know"! lol Btw,it was a dog panting that I heard,or I sure hope it was! lol As for a fun day get togeather and grooming I think it would be a really fun day to groom one anothers dogs!I love my dog but sure would love for someone elce to groom him lol

Comment

so cool. Trading doggies would be cool!!

Comment

Wow,we are on the same wave length here! Sounds like a fun day to me,and what better way to exchange differnt grooming styles than seeing our own pets groomed by some one elce! Like, grooming out of the box! (no pun intended Stephen) lol!So the really big challenge would be when we all could find the time to do it!

Comment

Time is the ?? I have been soo busy, couldn't even respond!! Sorry!

Comment

Will the real Alex please stand up

This is Alex
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X