Nick & Nora Charles....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick & Nora Charles....

I think you young kids didn't get my joke because you don't know who they were. Old 1940s detective movies with Myrna Loy and Roberet Powell. The dog Asta, was a wire haired fox terrier, rather famous. He probably had a double for some of his tricks. Also, it seems my posts somehow get scrambled gfing thru the web, cuz sometimes you give me way off advice. I read it back and it makes sense to me. For instance, The groomer who wants to live in Sedona and have employees do the grooming. I never worked with her, or she, with me. We are separate mobile groomers who were not real friends, I discoverd later.I used to be more easily taken advantage of. She had the rip off employees, not me.She even lost 1000,on a deposit onan vet van, that, after driving to LA to view was a total mess, and not as advertised. For every rotten thing she ever did to me, she has had worse things done to her. Pay back personified.

Oh...ha ha! I was wondering why you would put up a couple's REAL name and last name on this forum. I was thinking, "That's not very nice. I wouldn't want my real name where everyone can read about my personal business." Yep that joke flew right over my head!

Comment

Nick & Nora Hahaha

Oh, golly, I think it went over everyone's head. I am an old movie lover.A.t my age, I saw the original Leave It to Beavers. Flintstones, Maverick Bonanza our first color tv and Bonanza. Little House on the Prarie....anything on Nick at nite, I saw the originals. Oh and twilight zones and Hitchcock. Nick and Nors aa were movies, not tv. Still on American movie classics...sometimes Sat or Sundays Do you know who Dagfwood Bumsted and Blondie are and Daisy and her puppies? From cartoon in paper first, they movies.....Funny Daisys' puppies don't all look alike. Bengi-like and trained to be funny.No, I wouldn't put real peoples' names. I said the second dog was a double. They must of had one in the movie.Laugh out Loud. Different times...Funny.

Comment

I knew

My partner and I got "The Thin Man" from Netflix and watched it a couple weeks ago. That was a very fun movie and Asta was a great addition. I heard that the later movies had even more of Asta because the audience liked her so much!

Comment

I love classic movies. The Thin Man series are excellent. Also like Katherine Hepburn movies; The Philidelphia Story and Bringing up Baby (Baby is a leopard) are two of my favorites. Love Gene Kelly, James Stewart, James Cagney, Cary Grant. And Harold Lloyd! Oh my stars and garters, he was the best!

Remember the Saturday morning serials? Fury, Sky King, Rin Tin Tin? And the original Mickey Mouse Club serials? Spin and Marty, Corky and White Shadow, and The Hardy Boys? There were others, too. I just can't put a name to them.

My parents were out shopping for our first color TV the day I broke my hip at school. I remember that...had to wait 7 weeks before I could go home from hospital to watch it. I don't know what made me more excited, getting to go home, or watching that TV. There weren't too many shows that were in color, but Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color was one I remember.

Reality TV sucks. Bring back the fun stuff.

Comment

....oh...The wonderful world of Disney...on every Sunday. I remember going downstairs to my grandmother's apartment every week to watch...that and the Glen Campbell show...lol!
            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Spin & Marty

I was the Spin liker. Not the blonde guy. I loved all those too. MM Club. I hate reality shows, but sdid watch the bachelors and bachelorettes. Even my mom watched them. Not much else on. I LOVE all the stars and movie Helly mentioned. Gershwin and Cole Porter , I love. I always watch Guess whos' coming to Dinner every trime, and like anything with San Francisco scenes in it because I will probably never see SF again. Too many memories.First time the movie was on the plane from Baltimore. It was the day Bobby Kennedy was later shot!Chris, my x and I, coming back to SF.He didn't like the Kennedys and I was mad at him when Bobby got killed. It just isn't like the good ol' days.My G parents liked Whats My Line, and Pop, my G dad used to say here come the dancing girls and they would make fun of them.They would call em' Joe bags and Dolly Dingles...funny grandparents, for sure. LOL when I remember........Miss that time.

Comment

Glenn Campbell

G C lives in Az Scottsdale or near. He got caught drunk driving and put him in the clinker for a day or so. He is an old egotistical looser these days. I used to like him. Robert Goulet...was even goodlooking when I took him the seascape.....not anymore. Super bowl commercial. I was surprised. I don't look like the me at 17, or 19 anymore, of course. If I lost weight, I might be kinda ...not som bad. Not many wrinkles, just more of me.Such is Life

Comment

Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
                  I was the Spin liker. Not the blonde guy. I loved all those too. MM Club. I hate reality shows, but sdid watch the bachelors and bachelorettes. Even my mom watched them. Not much else on. I LOVE all the stars and movie Helly mentioned. Gershwin and Cole Porter , I love. I always watch Guess whos' coming to Dinner every trime, and like anything with San Francisco scenes in it because I will probably never see SF again. Too many memories.First time the movie was on the plane from Baltimore. It was the day Bobby Kennedy was later shot!Chris, my x and I, coming back to SF.He didn't like the Kennedys and I was mad at him when Bobby got killed. It just isn't like the good ol' days.My G parents liked Whats My Line, and Pop, my G dad used to say here come the dancing girls and they would make fun of them.They would call em' Joe bags and Dolly Dingles...funny grandparents, for sure. LOL when I remember........Miss that time.
                  Yeah, I thought Tim Considine (Spin) was a hottie too. He was the only reason I watched the original My Three Sons, lol.

And Gershwin! Oh my, he was just amazing. I bought the piano rolls CD set. It's wonderful to listen to his music, played by George himself. Rhapsody in Blue will never sound quite right played by anyone else now. He was an amazing pianist and composer. Too bad his life was cut short so tragically.

I used to love watching all the old western series on TV, too. Being the typical horse crazy young girl, I'd watch anything with a horse in it, lol. I wasn't too interested in what the show was about, but I watched Gunsmoke because I wanted that horse! I wanted Fury! I wanted Gene Autrey's horse, Champion.

My sisters and I were so horse crazy my Dad finally broke down and bought us some, because we kept riding the cows.

Comment

What great memories-yay, the good 'ole days!! Yes, Helly, every Sat. AM- Fury, Sky King, and "Ya, Rinty"! And Sunday eve, Lassie, and Disney. Had to make sure we got back form the cabin in time to watch Lassie at 7:00! I was a horse and dog nut too! Loved the westerns (for the horses)-Maverick, Cheyene, Have Gun Will Travel, Sugarfoot!!! Just watched a Thin Man flick the other night! Oh, Asta was trained by Rudd Weatherwax, better known for Lassie. TV today sucks IMHO!!!
                    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I'm a young'n and I loved the old World of Disney shows. A friend of mine introduced me to the Thin Man series. They were great. My preference in music also lies in the 40's...probably cuz I'm an avid lindy hopper, but I LOVE the old crooners and Ella and Louis. I don't know of anyone who's been able to recreate the sound of Ella or Bing, but I've heard some pretty good recent Frankie's and Mel Torme's. I just spent the weekend listening to stories of those days from Frankie Manning. One of the original Whity's Lindy Hoppers from the 30's and 40's. He invented the first aerial and choreographed a lot of the dancing you see in the old movies, like the Marx Brothers "A Day at the Races" or Hellzapoppin". He's 92 now and still travels and teaches 3/4 of the year. I've seen him twice now. That man personally KNEW Ella and Frank and Billie. I love it!

Comment

OK, trivia question. What was the name of Sky King's airplane?

Comment

What nostalgia.......

OMG, I loved this thread. I remember (and watched) every program that was mentioned and I love Gershwin and Cole Porter music. I think I'm aging myself, or maybe it's just my taste in music, etc.
                          Helly, always watched Sky King, but can't remember the name of the plane???? Give me some time. LOL

Comment

Helly, I cheated....

Songbird.

Comment

Working...
                            X