OUCH!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUCH!!!

Yesterday I tried to cut my knuckle off of my pinkie and almost succeeded!!!! I was grooming a Bishon (what else but a white dog...lol) when I caught the tips of my super sharp Kamisori's (sp?) on my pinkie. A nanosecond before I realized it was my skin I bore down and heard a NASTY pop, crunch. It didn't hurt, but when I looked it was gaping and nasty looking. I bent a my finger a little and right before the blood started to gush I saw white....blah....don't know if it was bone, muscle or gristle. I washed it out good, flushed w/betadine and slapped some neosporin and a bandaid and went to back to work. I am paying for it this morning though.....can you say OUCH!!!! lol I just had to whine a little, my hubby has no sympathy for my booboo's anymore!!!
    SheilaB from SC

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
    Yesterday I tried to cut my knuckle off of my pinkie and almost succeeded!!!! I was grooming a Bishon (what else but a white dog...lol) when I caught the tips of my super sharp Kamisori's (sp?) on my pinkie. A nanosecond before I realized it was my skin I bore down and heard a NASTY pop, crunch. It didn't hurt, but when I looked it was gaping and nasty looking. I bent a my finger a little and right before the blood started to gush I saw white....blah....don't know if it was bone, muscle or gristle. I washed it out good, flushed w/betadine and slapped some neosporin and a bandaid and went to back to work. I am paying for it this morning though.....can you say OUCH!!!! lol I just had to whine a little, my hubby has no sympathy for my booboo's anymore!!!
    Ouch! I think I have cut myself worse than I've gotten bit, lol, probably more times too! Take good care of that finger!
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Oh my gosh SheilaB, I got a little nauseated just reading your post...Something about popping, blood and gristle...YUCK! You poor thing. Take care of that finger girl, you don't have too many of those to spare. Today I groomed an old poodle that always acts like she's going to take off one of my fingers, but I normally don't have to even muzzle her cuz she's always been just talk. Well today after I finished her and handed her back to mom she just turned and got me right on the cuticle. Geez I almost screamed...It scared me 1/2 to death plus it hurt like crazy. Thankfully there was just a wee bit of blood, it felt better after the Blue's Clue's bandaid on. I would've fainted if I had a cut like yours...Sending healing thoughts your way. You get LOTS of sympathy from me!!
      Last edited by milhasavilla; 03-24-07, 05:22 PM.

Comment

OUCH, I don't even want to think about it, gross icky ooooeeewwww!

Sorry about your knuckle. I know how that hurts, I've cut myself a few times.

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I cut myself quite often lol. I have a super sharp pair of curved shears you touch them and you are bleeding.
          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

So Sorry....I know that hurts

Maybe you can get hubby to do the dishes tonight so you can keep it dry. I have finger cots, but trhey don't stay on or keep the finger dry very well. i hope i can say this in jest, but they look like little condoms for dogs. That is what they look like to me. Hahahaha.See, Made ya laugh.Did you forget about your pinky for a second?Hoipe you feel better soon and it doesn't require stitches. How can you stich a bending knuckle?

Comment

It always happens when you are working on a white dog or a light colored one.
              So sorry about your finger. I cut mine too. Right on the tips of them. I know how you feel.
              Take care of it now cause you will be paying for it later if you dont.
              Have hubby do some house chores for you in the meantime )

Comment

I know that had to be painful. And probably more so the next day. Get some ice cream tonight that will help. My step mom has the biggest fear of cheese graters for that same reason. She will not use a cheese grater at all. She is afraid she will grate her knuckles off. eww

Comment

I cut the tip off my right ring finger (I'm left-handed though) a few months ago. Left a nice little divot for quite a while. It's been completely healed for a long time, but can still see it and it still hurts to touch. I was trimming the beard of a dog and my scissors were getting a bit dull,so it took a little more effort to close the blade. FYI.....tail docking liquid hurts like a mo fo!!!!!! and it didn't even stop the bleeding.

Comment

I am sure glad to find out that I am not the only one that cuts their hands with their scissors. I am not sure a week goes by that I don't cut myself. There have been times that I have not known it and thought I cut the dog, as there is blood on the dog. When it is a bichon it really shows. At least it is me and not the dog, but it is a pain when you are doing a white dog and you can't stop the bleeding.

Comment

Working...
                    X