I am back in NJ now what????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am back in NJ now what????

OK well I drove back to NJ in that horrible storm on friday. Took me 6 1/2 hours to get here. Normally it takes 4 at the most. But me and the pups are here safe and sound. Feeling a bit lost right now this is the 1st time since 1998 that I haven't had my own place and am living with someone else. It is weird for me. Trying to get my dogs to get along with my friends dog we are all working on it.

anyway, I applied at petsmart on sunday and am looking forward to getting my truck here on saturday. I just hope I can get some customers again. Starting over on virtually all aspects of my life and I am feeling a bit defeated. aghhhhhhhhhh............ I have friends and they are all going to help me get the word out and try to get me some new customers hopefully I can make the truck payments........ I am really running out of money now and am desperate for any kind of work at this point. I feel so beaten and really scared.

God does throw anything at you that you can't handle. It is scary now, but you will be fine. I am sure you old regulars will be glad to have you back. Give the dogs some time and they will be fine too. A year from now you will look back and laugh when you realize how strong you are.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

You haven't been gone too long, have you? How many customers did you have before the move? Did you leave, on good terms with those customers? Many of them will probably be very happy you're back!
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Oh, I wanted to add that I hope everything works out for you very quickly. Maybe there are some other mobile's on here that would be willing to send some overflow your way.
        don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Hang in there! Those times when I was really in a panic and thought I wasn't going to make it- something always came through. You have friends and family so you have support- you'll never be out on the street. Try to focus on whatever you have that is good in your life, whatever you have to be grateful for, and you will attract more of those good things into your life.

Comment

I'm sorry

that you have to start over, but I do believe that it can be a very good thing and that someday you'll look back and have memories of appreciation in how far you will get. Chain Pet Store, or try for any temp job to have some income till you get the customers. I remember I was pondering delivering the Newspaper since it wouldn't get in the way of grooming, but luckily didn't need that. I don't know your particular situation, but looks like you have some good friends to help out. Hold on tight.
            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Hang in there, things will fall into place. I know it is hard to start over again, I did, sorta. I had closed up and hubby and I had moved away, left the house to our son and daughter (in case things didn't work out I guess). We were only gone for maybe 4 months (I know it isn't very long) but when we came back I had to decide if I was going to groom again or not. I decided there wasn't anything else I really wanted to do. I work out of my garage, don't do any advertising but I'm almost busy again, (been back for almost 2 1/2 years). I called all my old clients and let them know I was back. I got a lot of them back, some had found new groomers which was ok, some had died and some I just couldn't get a hold of. Once the word gets out that your back and ready to work you'll get the work, even if you have to go to a shop for awhile. You have family and friends that are there for you. You will make it.
              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
              Diane

Comment

Spring...

Its Spring now. Time for new beginnings. As long as you can deal with living with someone else you'll probably be alright. What part of NJ are you from? Tis' Clip Down season here...lol

Comment

Thank You

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate the support and words of comfort. They mean more to me then anything at this point.

seems like the dogs are all starting to get along pretty well right now. My dogs started eating their dry food today and were playing like nuts this afternoon. It was so good to see I am starting to not feel so guilty for uprooting them and moving to a smaller house with another dog.... <sigh of relief>

I am in Woodbridge, NJ now and looks like I will be here for quite a while. Hey tell me something I have never worked for anyone grooming. tell me what I can expect during the interview and such.... thanks for all the help.

Oh yea I have 4 dogs to groom on Monday. I called one of my old clients and she is thrilled no one has touched her dogs since I left. so 2 huskies, a golden mix and a 3 legged deaf dalmation. can't wait to groom them it will give me a sense of worth and acomplishment.

Comment

If you still have the mobile vehicle (I'm assuming that's what you did) and you still have clients out there, make up a bunch of flyers and send them off to all the grocery stores and wherever else you can get them. Also churches often have bulletins in the back of their weekly newsletters (at least they do here). Try advertising in them too. You may not have to work for someone else. Or if you do, and you still want to be mobile, let the employer know up front that it's only temporary.

I'm sure things will work out for you. Good luck.

Comment

God Will Cover You!!

Hi Amy,

Glad to hear that you made it safe and sound! I sent up prayers for you after we last spoke. Continue to believe in yourself and you will be fine. Also glad to see that you are going to keep your van.

Be Blessed!

Comment

Welcome home Amy! You have my number.

Comment

send out some prayers for me

I am so glad to be home in NJ! I feel like I can breath.

The next hurdle is to go back to PA saturday to get all my belongings and my van. I am very nervous but my friends are going with me and they will not let anything happen to me. Hopefully my ex won't even be there. I am not looking forward to the trip yet again.... but am looking forward to having my things here with me in NJ (even if it is in storage)

love and hugs to you all and I will speak to you all after the BIG MOVE!

Comment

no problems

Well this was the weekend from hell! the move went as well as can be expected. my ex had her mom, dad and brother in law there they kept the peace. she didn't show up until I was almost done with loading my things. she hands me an agreement that a "Lawyer" supposedly drew up (i don't think it was since there was errors on it and no lawyers name or anything on it). anyway she wasn't going to let me take the van without signing it so I added some comments on it and took the van. she didn't even say goodbye to me after 5 years I expected at least that much. oh well guess I will have to find my own closure on this one.

I am sore and my heart just aches! I know it will get better with time but until then I am just kind of existing......

hey tomorrow is a new day ! thanks everyone I don't know what I would have done if you all werent here for me to talk to!

Comment

Working...
                            X