Starting workweek with hurtin' tailbone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting workweek with hurtin' tailbone

After several near spills this winter, I finally managed to slip on some ice and went down hard. Insult to injury, I also managed to land in a huge nearby puddle, getting totally soaked too. By the time I got home my butt was already stiff & sore. Took some ibuprophen, hopefully this won't hurt like this for days. How long does something like this take to heal? I only have little dogs today, but I can't see lifting anything big tomorrow. Winter sucks!

A bruised tailbone can hurt for several weeks, but usually the major portion of the pain abates in a week to ten days. On the other hand, a broken tailbone can hurt for months and months, even after it's healed. Sit on a cushion if it helps, or in a hard chair, if that helps. Use ice and heat alternately for the first few days. Soak in a hot bath to relieve muscle spasms. Take aspirin or ibuprofen. Aspirin will work better if you can tolerate it.

One important thing you need to keep in mind is that being constipated when you have a broken or bruised tailbone can be excruciating. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and drink lots and lots of water.

Comment

Working...
    X