Hobbies, what are they???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbies, what are they???

One of my favorite things to do is cross stitching. It actually relaxes me after a hard day.

What I'm showing you are Christmas Stockings that I have made for every member of my family and the Grandchildren. Nobody gets their stocking until AFTER I die!! lol I want to make sure they are taken care of.

Please share your hobbies with us, pics if you have them.
    Attached Files
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

I dont know how to do pics, but I knit. I also do lots of reading, mainly Stephen King but other horror also.

Comment

For quiet time I read, for activity and fun I place hockey. If I can't play then I skate. Something about being on the ice is relaxing to me. I think it's my competitive nature.

Comment

Does spending most of my nights on this forum count???

I swing dance several nights a week (lindy hop mostly..hence my profile pic) and I hand wood carve. I'm a big fan of celtic knots and the dragon posted is one of my early carvings about 6 or 7 years ago. The Cheshire cat was done a couple of years ago. I'm self taught.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh gee, let me think. I do lots of different types of needle work, I sing, I garden, I read, I bake. If I still had a piano, I'd play it. I keep tropical fish. If I ever get a house where I can have more and bigger aquariums, I'd like to try my hand at breeding Australian dwarf rainbow fish. I have a really nice pair that have spawned, but I don't have any place to set up a seperate tank for them, so all the eggs get eaten.

Hmmmm. I wonder if I can get a decent pic of them.

Comment

I feel like a loser lol. I don't do anything creative. When I have time, I am playing with Autumn and Tobler. That is my life till she is a teenager and hates me lol.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I'm not at all 'crafty', just don't have the patience for it-just have patience for the dogs, LOL. I do love to garden, and bird watching. Like to read, and do some writing too. And, of course, the dogs.
              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Ummm...I enjoy reading and I like to surf fish, I get to that about once a month beginning again in May,to Nov. Hubbys grandmom has a home in Rehoboth beach De. and we have surf tags on our truck we just drive right onto the beach a go fishing, take the dogs and cooler we are good for the day!!

Comment

My g'ness, let me see...

I love to cook (NOT bake, COOK!)

I like to read a lot, especially shorter articles, Reader's Digest type stuff.

I love talking about religion and politics with people.

I enjoy surfing the net, especially this website.

I enjoy learning things that are fun to me.

I enjoy singing, but I'm not very good. My husband always threatens he's going to tell the church choir director to count me in, lol.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Diane, you are VERY talented, and those are beautiful stockings, you are very crafty! I am NOT remotely patient enough to do that!

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

The Stockings 2nd Photo looks very detailed.

Welll, many of you know, I used to paint stiil life and seascapes and landscapes. I keep planning to empty my moms bedroom (past away 3yrs 6/26/07.but it still feels weird in there. I was going to turn it into an art studio. I am not ready yet, I guess.I veg in front of tv channel surfing...lookin for a good movie. Is eating a hobby?I used to ride English horsebackriding on wed and sundays.I did a bit here til Spring of 2001. I always went to Cow Palace Dog Show. Bench shows are great cuz you can visit the dogs and owners.I like antiques, but have no pklace to put any.....and I used to collect miniature doll house and all that goes with it. In Calif I went to many art&wine festivals w/ Pirate, later Traveler and or Jax all grooimed and dressed as a sailor or top hat and tux collar. They were funa d I got clients that way. Who groomed your dog, he is beautiful.....I did, I said. Here's my card.Now I spend hoiurs here as I am still first most poisted on the list. I keep trying to lay off, but can't. Each Mon I say, I won't post for a few days....then I read and forget, and reply. Addicted Big time.I love seeing horses graznig here in Mesa and Gilbert.Miss riding and jumping. (low 2ft ones)I'd go to the big horse shows but don't drive to Glendale Scottsdale...need a driver.

Comment

I love to bake (cooking not so much). Surfing the web and learning new things. Meeting new people and new animals. If I had more time to devote to "crafty" things I enjoy scrapbooking. But I don't have that much time on my hands:-(

Comment

I also like to read. I love to camp, but I don't know if that is considered a hobby.
                          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                          Diane

Comment

not crafty

But thanks for sharing those pictures of great talent.

Lets see, I sing in church choir, bake rarely but good, hike a lot with my pooches and I am an Amateur Radio Operator (where I met my forever Boyfriend, mostly men in the hobby). Reading including this board and playing with my beloved dogs takes up lots of spare time. I don't get T. V. so I have some time.

Dog Shows, my favorite hobby sort of almost an avocation. So many so beautiful dogs.
                            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Mine.....

I love to quilt and do embroidery. I am an avid movie buff, I have 1400 videos and about 600 dvds. I am in the process of creating my theater room to actually look like a movie theater. Enjoy life and living to the fullest, meeting/making new friends all around the country. I think that's enough....

Comment

Working...
                              X