Walmart and others Dogfood recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart and others Dogfood recall

I just got this e-mail and am sick........ I was at Walmart and they would not let me buy these little packs (not just cans) of Dogfood. (I put a little in with my dogs hard food). The website is not working below. Anyone have any info?

Word is just out of a major dog and cat food recall... after the deaths of at least 10 pets across the country, possibly many more. Here's the information we have so far.

It involves 60 million cans of wet pet food sold under store house brands only. It is all "gravy" style dog and cat food sold since early December 2006.

It was sold under Kroger, Safeway, and Wal-Mart house brands.

There are reports of kidney failure from the food. Stop using it immediately.

The manufacturer, Menu Foods, will release more information this weekend. Call them at 800-551-7392 or check menufoods.com for details of exact brand names and can numbers.
    Last edited by PetsRus; 03-16-07, 08:17 PM. Reason: addition

I also saw this and was worried. I just bought my dog Iams yeasterday at walmart. They said it is Iams and Eukenuba too. But I think it is the wet food, I bought a bag of dry. Scary!

Comment

For right now it is the wet packs with the gravy and chunks of meat. I don't give them alot but I split one pack every morning between the 2 dogs on their hard dog food. The dogs that are probably getting sick are the ones that eat these packs only but you never know. Your right it is scary.

http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IA...ticleID=300003
      Last edited by PetsRus; 03-16-07, 08:30 PM. Reason: Typing when tired...... & added website link from Iams

Comment

Her is a small article on this subject, I tried Menu foods website several times it seems to be down right now. It does incluce Iams, euk, mighty dog and a bunch other you'll be familar with.

Animal Deaths Prompt Pet Food Recall
        Menu Foods Recalls 60 Million Containers Of Wet Food

POSTED: 5:24 pm EDT March 16, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

WASHINGTON -- A major manufacturer of dog and cat food is recalling 60 million containers of wet food.

Menu Foods said it's received report of dogs and cats suffering kidney failure after eating the food. About 10 animals died.

Menu Foods supplies store brands to Wal-Mart, Safeway, Kroger, PetSmart and other retailers. The recall covers its "cuts and gravy" style food sold between early December and March. The food comes in cans and small foil pouches. It consists of chunks of meat in gravy.

The company said it's not sure what happened and product testing hasn't revealed a link that would explain the illnesses and deaths.

Menu Foods didn't immediately provide a full list of brand names and lot numbers covered by the recall but said the information will be on the company's Web site Saturday morning. For more information, contact Menu Foods at 1-866-463-6738.
        Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved

Comment

Working...
        X