Oh Holy Charlie Brown....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Holy Charlie Brown....

So Aaron and I went to his house yesterday to install a shower curtain and rod. One of those wrap around ones. It's just a claw foot tub with no shower. So he has to install the rod and all and also put a shower in. Well his mom a week later finally finished painting the extra bedroom. First off she used a white paint as a base that was mixed in 2002. So that will very soon start to peel and flake. Then she used a light tan with a brown over the top for a faux finish. It looks HORRIBLE. She didn't do an even coating. She did "W" patterns over the walls. It looks like Charlie Browns shirt. A 5 year old could have done a better job. All Aaron can say is, it's not that bad. I just look at him with a perplexed look on my face.

Good thing he's replacing the walls anyway. Oh and she painted it like this because a few years back she hung wallpaper for her mom and did a horrible job at that. She overlapped the wallpaper instead of matching it up next to each other. The paper is peeling and bubbling. She thought the faux finish would make it less noticeable. Which in fact makes it opposite now.
    Becky

May Not Be Funny To You....

The way you wrote this is very funny. Maybe you should think about going on DR Phil. Sounds like she could benefit from him. I have seen some looo loos of MIL on there.The advice that is seriouse has been good. You deserve Better girl.Hope you check back and read this.

Comment

I talked to Aaron about the walls. He's going to replace them. He can't stand the paint job either, but he doesn't want to tell his mom that because he doesn't want to hurt her feelings. Apparently she's a very sensitive person.
      Becky

Comment

If she is so sensitive...

If she is soooo sensitive, why isn't she sensitive to other peoples' feelings? She needs a good book on Boundaries. Really. There is a good one at Barnes and Noble.

Comment

Your Threads

Raggs---I have been reading your recent posts about your boyfriend and I can only chuckle b/c my husband was once a lot like your boyfriend. He never wanted to make waves and would skirt around issues in order to avoid conflict. It drove me up a freakin' wall.

However, my family was absolutely the opposite. We put it all out in the open, all day, 24 hours a day. Oh and if you weren't looking for an opinion, you still got one!!!! LOL That drove my husband crazy.

I hope you can find a happy medium where you both are comfortable!

Comment

Originally posted by Luvkitties View Post
            Raggs---I have been reading your recent posts about your boyfriend and I can only chuckle b/c my husband was once a lot like your boyfriend. He never wanted to make waves and would skirt around issues in order to avoid conflict. It drove me up a freakin' wall.

However, my family was absolutely the opposite. We put it all out in the open, all day, 24 hours a day. Oh and if you weren't looking for an opinion, you still got one!!!! LOL That drove my husband crazy.

I hope you can find a happy medium where you both are comfortable!
            My family is the same exact way. There isn't one thing that my parents don't know about us. They are both New Yorkers and to boot my mom is Italian so we grew up with attitudes. Everyone gets our opinion. I've actually stood up in a restaurant before and called screamed B**** at the waitress to get her attention because for 40 minutes she kept ignoring us. She'd walk past and ask if everything was alright, my mom would say no because her chicken was raw, she would just say, alright then I'll be back in a bit to check on you. She heard what she wanted. So I got her attention and proceeded to yell at her in front of the whole place. My mom pulled me down real quick and asked me where I learned that. I told her from her. My parents just laughed... LOL... But hey it got the attention of the manager he comped my mom's food and the other waitress that my dad stopped and took my moms food in to be cooked more got a tip.

Aarons family is quiet and reserved. They need someone like me to shake things up.
            Becky

Comment

I hope the waitress didn't.....

I hoope that the waitress did't spit in the food after you called her a b---. I have actually gotten bold with rude, stupid incipid sales people...not waitresses. They have my food and I don't know what they do with it behind my back. I personally don't like restaurasnts....I wonder about how clean the kitchen is. My plunber says many he would never eat at. As a demo, my mom and i SAW many big chain grocery stores back rooms that were gross. A mouse run across lettuce on display...not in the back. Oh what we don't see, worries me.Let's NOT go there again.....

Comment

Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
                I hoope that the waitress did't spit in the food after you called her a b---. I have actually gotten bold with rude, stupid incipid sales people...not waitresses. They have my food and I don't know what they do with it behind my back. I personally don't like restaurasnts....I wonder about how clean the kitchen is. My plunber says many he would never eat at. As a demo, my mom and i SAW many big chain grocery stores back rooms that were gross. A mouse run across lettuce on display...not in the back. Oh what we don't see, worries me.Let's NOT go there again.....
                We all had our food by the time I yelled at the waitress.

My aunt used to work in a bakery on Long Island. She went in one morning and there was a cockroach on the top of one of the cakes. So my aunt picked up the cake to throw it away when the owner walked in. She asked what my aunt was doing. The owner took the cake from her scooped the roach off and smoothed out the icing. She put the cake back. My aunt fought with her to throw it away. Then a customer came in an wanted that same cake, my aunt refused to sell it to her or anyone else. Finally by the end of the day the owner had to throw it away because it was the last day it could have been sold anyway. My aunt quit that night and never ever bought anything else from that bakery.
                Becky

Comment

Working...
                X