this woman made me so mad,dont think i want to do her dog again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this woman made me so mad,dont think i want to do her dog again

i groomed her dog way back october 2nd,it was a decent dog did try to bite for nails,its a cute little thing a yorkie mix,and one thing i do have is a great memory i remember everything,sometimes its kinda of a curse tho,but i do remember the dog i did a #2,well the owner calls yesterday,can i bring in my dog today i got a postcard in the mail(postcard reads 5 bucks off of full service groom,or 3 bucks off bath only)so she says last time i only pain 27(which is a lie for a haircut)so this time it will only be 19 right?at this time i hadnt asked her name or pulled card yet,but i asked did you just get a bath last time she said no a haircut,i said none of my haircut prices are under 40,she still argued,but i said those are my prices,you can call other places if you would like,might find one cheaper,she said no you did a good job on her,so i will still get 8 bucks off right???i asked were do you get this 8 buckes from,so she reads me the card,i said no,it says clearly 5 bucks full service,thats what you want,or 3 bucks off just a bath,she says well i want a bath too,i said thats what full service means,i was busy yesterday too,so i told her its only the 5 bucks off,do you still want appt,she said yes,so she shows up for her appt,and do you ever get those people in your shop,where you can just feel,like they think there s**t dont stink,well that was her,still trying to get 8 bucks off i said no,and that i wasnt going to go into it with her again,i was busy,so she looks at me,i cant believe you arent bowing down to me,so she says can you leave her just a little bit longer,i said yes i can,ans i cant believe she asked me 1 more time about the 8 bucks,i just wanted to hand her back the dog and tell her to get out,but i didnt,so she says,you know you nicked my dog last time(which i dont believe)and i told her i didnt,for one i freak at the sight of blood,i would of noticed and cleaned the area and told her about it,im not saying im perfect,i have nicked my share of pets,but just the way she said it like i would give her the 8 buckes off,i asked were did i nick her,she really couldnt say she just said oh um somewhere here,so i apologized,and said you should of notified me right away,not try to get something out of it 5 months later,well she says ok never mind so it will be $$$,i said yes,she was happy when she picked up dog,but i was exhausted just dealing with her yesterday,i dont want to again,what would you guys do??????????
    thanks

I am not sure I would have kept me cool so well. I have had a few times where I have lost it with customers within a few minutes, knowing well that there was no going back, but at that point not caring, and still not caring.

Comment

I've had to deal with clients like that before. If they argue over a set price I usually tell them to go somewhere else.

When I was in New York I had a penny saver ad with a coupon for 10% off. It had an expiration date. I got most in before the expiration date a couple people made an appointment before it expired and I told them they could still have it because they made an appointment before hand. One lady came in 3 months after and handed me the coupon. She told me that it's still good. I told her that it was my coupon and it expired 3 months ago. She said that it didn't and she should be able to use it. This was before the dog was groomed. She started to be controlling and all that stuff so I told her to call the groomer down the street, that they were cheaper if she was so hard up on funds. Well she called them, made her appointment then showed up the day after and told me that she'd pay the regular price to have her dog look good.
      Becky

Comment

Next time she calls, I'd explain that my prices have increased by $8, and I'm completely booked for the next 6 months. Would she like to be added to the cancellation list?

Comment

I would definatley take her off your coupon list. A mailer to remind her it's time for a groom, but NO coupons anymore. That should cut down on the price negotiations. I'd do the dog again, I know she is exausting, but her money is as green as anyone elses. Good Luck!!

Comment

First, this is why I don't believe in sending out coupons. You get the el-cheapo price checkers who will use you and then lose you when someone else has a special.

But, if you're still going to send out coupons, take her off your list, lol.

I would let her call again, and when you realize who it is, tell her you're suddenly booked, your prices have gone up, etc...like Helly said, I believe.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
              First, this is why I don't believe in sending out coupons. You get the el-cheapo price checkers who will use you and then lose you when someone else has a special.

But, if you're still going to send out coupons, take her off your list, lol.

I would let her call again, and when you realize who it is, tell her you're suddenly booked, your prices have gone up, etc...like Helly said, I believe.

Tammy in Utah
              I have to agree with Tammy. I do not like to discount my base prices. I just feel...dare I say...trashy discounting my base services...kinda like when people can see my roots when I need a color...lol. I like to discount the add ons (FURminator, hot oil treatments, toothbrushing, etc.) so I still make extra on top of the base price.

Comment

Originally posted by SCISSORHANDS View Post
                I have to agree with Tammy. I do not like to discount my base prices. I just feel...dare I say...trashy discounting my base services...kinda like when people can see my roots when I need a color...lol. I like to discount the add ons (FURminator, hot oil treatments, toothbrushing, etc.) so I still make extra on top of the base price.
                I absolutely agree! I would much rather give them a free toothbrushing than knock seven dollars off. I am making the same amount of money, they are happy because they got something free!
                Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

thanks guys
                  im still making great money even with the five bucks off,and most of my clients will call and say they got their postcard so its time for ann appt,but never ask for the coupon,if they dont ask i dont give it,but it takes one to ruin it,she will never get one again,i just had to give out some kind of coupons because i havent been open that long,and people need a reason to come here,but i do have quite a few regulars now which is good hopefully spring it will pick up
                  trish

Comment

Can Not stand these types. I would tell her that you felt very uncomfortable with how things went with this last visit and that you would be willing to take her if she is willing to pay your price without issues. Ask her if she has ever been able to buy just a couple of slices of bread at the grocery store. It is rather interesting how customers percieve animal care to be negotiable but wouldn't try it in a retail store.

Comment

Just reinforced what I knew...but for a good cause

OK, I know I said that I would never discount my prices but I made an exception for a good cause. I got what I expected AND MORE.
                      We have a rabies vaccination clinic in our city every May. The person who runs it asked if I wanted to advertise, maybe with some coupons. I thought about it and figured I would do this..."Thank you for being a responsible pet owner. We would like to reward you with 25% off our regular grooming prices". Figuring I would get some dogs in need of a good grooming, since it was a clinic. Just trying a little PR.
                      I got a few calls, price shopping. One person actually booked. The person booked a Lhasa mix who looked to be a OAY dog. Wouldn't you know, I tried to get the dog out of the kennel and he bit me. Then he went nuts everytime someone walked by. So the owner arrived and the dog bit her after she took 15 minuted to finally get the dog out of the kennel. Needless to say, the dog never touched my table, and I never started to groom the dog!
                      It gets better. I get a nasty message on my answering machine the next day "I just want to know what you did to my dog. He was barking all nite and his private area is red". So I call back and the person who answered the phone said the message must've been a mistake. I told her I never touched her dog again.
                      So, even though my intentions were good and I wanted to reward people for being responsible, I won't do it again. No good deed...

Comment

let her go!!!!! dont you dare cave in and give her the 8.00 dollars off.... sounds like a customer i had a couple of weeks ago...lol

Comment

well she called me last week for an appt but i told her i was booked up for the next 3 weeks,big lie im not,but dont want to deal with her,to bad her doggy is adorable,and i usually dont fall in love with small dogs im a big dog person,but shes got the cutest face,but dont like her mom.
                          thank you all

Comment

Working...
                          X