Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check gates behind service persons

I had an eye opener today!

I can't remember (before today of course) the last time we had to have a service repair person come into our yard.

I let him in myself after securing my dogs & continued grooming my Saturday appointments. He left & I thought no more about it.

Tonight, my husband gets home from work & asks why the side gate is open.
    Thank You Thank You Jesus! None of the dogs had been around to that area.

Lesson learned. You can never trust people to close gates. You must check them yourself.
    I always check other peoples' gates when I'm pet sitting. It didn't occur to me to check my own.

Erica

At the shop we had a delivery company that kept leaving the gate where we walked the dogs open. Thankfully you can see the gate from the door, but still, it's dangerous.
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I lost my German Shepherd that way. He was staying at my ex-s moms *ex boyfriend, not husband* house for the day. (this was a few years ago when I was in new york). One of the guys that lived upstairs in their house was in the hospital so his parents stopped by to pick some of his things up. She told them over and over to shut and lock the gate when they left. It had to be locked the exact way they opened it because the dog knows how to get out. Well right after they left she let my dog out in the yard without even thinking to check the gate. She went to bring him back in and then noticed the gate was wide open.

She called me in tears apologizing over and over. I didn't blame her she did her job in telling the people and it was my dog so he was my responsibility not hers.
      He'd gotten out before but he was so friendly he would run up to anyone and they would call me from the number on his tag.

Well the day before this happened my ex-s mom bought him a collar that was way to small and had already changed his tags over. So I put his regular collar back on him and was going to change the tags back when I got home from work that next day.

So it was just as much my fault as it was the people that left the gate wide open.
      Becky

Comment

Having worked for a company that did fire and flood restorations, it was drummed into our heads over and over that we were responsible to secure the client's property when we left, unless the client was standing right there in the open door. And we still had the responsibility to close and secure the gate to the yard, even if the client was standing in the doorway waving at us as we left.

I'd call the company and tell them. I'd say I'm not mad, but I think you should tell your employees to be more careful about securing the property when they leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
          Having worked for a company that did fire and flood restorations, it was drummed into our heads over and over that we were responsible to secure the client's property when we left, unless the client was standing right there in the open door. And we still had the responsibility to close and secure the gate to the yard, even if the client was standing in the doorway waving at us as we left.

I'd call the company and tell them. I'd say I'm not mad, but I think you should tell your employees to be more careful about securing the property when they leave.
          My boss called the owner of the service company, and now he personally handles deliveries to our shop! Talk about service
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
          X