Grrr telemarketing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrr telemarketing...

I just got a text on my cell phone (obviously) from a cash advance place. They are telemarketing text messages.. Now that pisses me off. I went to their website and sent the customer service a nasty e-mail. My friend got one right after I did from the same place. GRRR
    Becky

Ugh, that would tick me off too!

Do you put your cell phone down for information on forms or anything? I am so careful not to put my cell on anything! Somehow though, I still get calls sometimes...not nearly as much as the land line though.
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Only when I have to.. It's the only phone I have.... I heard that a law passed in Utah that it's legal now to telemarket cell phones. But geez, people pay for minutes and texts...

Thank goodness I have unlimited texting and 1000 minutes.. But it still pisses me off.
      Becky

Comment

I get so many telemarketer calls at my shop all day long...it's always when I'm right in the middle of wrestling a dog, too. It's so annoying. And the worst is when a salesweasel just walks right into my shop even though I have a big fat No Soliciting sign right there on the door. Of course all the dogs go crazy when someone walks in. It's to the point where I am so downright rude to these people. I could never be in sales.

Comment

Ha ha haa!

Originally posted by amysue2638 View Post
          I get so many telemarketer calls at my shop all day long...it's always when I'm right in the middle of wrestling a dog, too. It's so annoying. And the worst is when a salesweasel just walks right into my shop even though I have a big fat No Soliciting sign right there on the door. Of course all the dogs go crazy when someone walks in. It's to the point where I am so downright rude to these people. I could never be in sales.
          Salesweasel.....I'm cracking up!

Comment

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

This is the website for the National Do Not Call registry. You can now add cell phone numbers.
            Last edited by Schmoop1028; 02-24-07, 10:26 AM.

Comment

sweet thanks for posting that
              Becky

Comment

Yeah thanks

Schmoop. I always knew there was a way to do that, but never got a round tuit finding out how. Whee, just clicked it on and did that, bot both home and cell/business phone.
                Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I don't get telemarketers calling on my residential line; I'm unlisted so maybe this helps. But the business line is a different story-at LEAST 3 or more calls a day, everyday. I'd LOVE to get on a no-call list!

Comment

Originally posted by amysue2638 View Post
                    They never pay attention to the signs, lol!
                    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

You're welcome! It really does help.

Comment

I was a telemarketer for a while before grooming. It was around the time that the Do Not Call Registry came out. And I was informed that the beauty of this registry is that it stops telemarketers from calling. However, its not considered telemarketing if you have already done business with this company.... at any point in time. Just something I was taught.

Sio

Comment

Originally posted by Schmoop1028 View Post
                          You're welcome! It really does help.
                          I agree - it does help. And I get personal satisfaction in filing a complaint against the companies that still call. You can file a complaint right at that link too.

Comment

Working...
                          X