what a snow BOMB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a snow BOMB!

When I went to bed last night, the weather info said 8-10 inches of snow by tonight (3-5 by this morning). I woke up and there's less than an inch! I can still see the grass in some places. Instead there's sleet and freezing rain! I was beginning to look forward to the day, since my husband said that he would stay home today if there was snow (for Valentine's day), and I was looking forward for Gracie's first jaunt in the snow. Now he's going to have to go to work (even though the roads are bad), and no snow play for Gracie. Did anyone get all the snow that was predicted?
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

hey felicia,
    2 separate storms.second hitting right about now. starting off with freezing rain and going to snow. i use ctweather.com. they are most accurate. i don't bother with radio or tv as all they want to do is scare.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Well, my husband decided to stay home anyway, so that makes things a little better. I sure hope that the rest of the storm doesn't effect tomorrow at all, so I can at least make up the standard poo I was suppose to do today.

Comment

lots of snow here

hey all we got about 6 inches of snow yesterday into last night and then it changed to freezing rain and about 1 hour ago it changed back to snow and they say we are supposed to get another 5 inches before it ends tonight. Seems we are going to get hit again this weekend. guess we can't complain since it is the middle of february.......

just one problem no one can get up my driveway. Dad will be coming soon with the skid steer to clear the drive thank goodness!

Comment

snow

North of Indianapolis here and we have about 18 inches.
          Sounded like a train most of yesterday.
          I practicaly had to toss the dogs out the door to get them to
          go out. Everyone had their little coats on, and needed them.
          Today, its go out and JUMP inthe drifts.
          My poodle pup is having the time of his life with my Dobe.
          The little dogs don't like it as much though.
          They have to stay up close to the house on the inside of the drifts to
          walk.
          Drifts around the house are 4 to 6 feet here.
          I am surrounded by fields though so not much snow break.
          You can't even see the hand rails on my front deck at all.

Comment

We got about 4 inches here in north Jersey. Now we have ice rain, I'm hoping it will end soon because I think it might be possible to sled. My sons driving me nuts lol.

Comment

We got about 8 inches, but the drifting was pretty bad.

Sun is shining today!

Comment

We're just south of the freezing rain line, so we mostly got rain. Buckets of rain. A little sleet last night. But this morning all that rain is frozen, so my yard is a skating rink. Oli doesn't care for it much. He'd rather bound through the snow and roll snowballs with his nose, which he then eats. Whizzy is baffled by the ice, and slides all over. He's trying to pick up chunks of ice to play with, and it's not working too well. So he gets mad and barks at the ice, lol.

Comment

We sure did here in Ohio!

We probably got about 18" too. I had to shove the door open this morning to let the dogs out. My English Cocker got stuck in a snow drift the Shih Tzu was tring to follow in her tracks but gave up and came back in.

My car is buried in the driveway which I will have to go out and hand shovel. Of course they've been plowing the street so theres a huge drift from that behind the car

Comment

I didn't think we'd end up with about 4. I was told a couple of inches of snow and lots of ice and sleet. We got Snow all last night, and then to a mix, and now back to a little more snow.

Comment

Sleet, Sleet and more Sleet

I'm in Rocky Hill CT and it's done nothing but sleet all day long. Wet, widy and cold. Bummer I was going to go out sledding and have the dog chase me cause that's the best way to wear him out.

Comment

We got a couple feet or so here (im outside Niagara Falls NY) There are some pretty good sized drifts out there. It started last night and is still coming down. Wind has died down some.
                        Schools closed...son wants me to go play in the snow..no thanks! I only had a few dogs today, and they called and cancelled last night and this am. At least they called before I made the drive into work.

Comment

Daper Dawg....sounds like you're getting the same exact weather as we are right now (Waterbury). I have to say it has gotten much worse and nastier than when I posted this morning. My appointment book is out in the van and I've avoided going out to get it, but know I have to soon. I've got lots of work to do. I sure hope tomorrow isn't a bust too.

Comment

I won't get out of my drive for days. My dad rand the snowblower for me,but that still leaves a think coating. It is still snowing here, so I am not about to shovel it. maybe tomorrow.
                            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Yeah - Furrysbestjob - I'm hoping tomorrow isn't a blow out either. I work in Vernon and only had 2 on Tuesday and the boss said oh I want you to hang around and I said no thanks cause I only get paid commission per dog and already did my cleaning so I don't see the point in hanging to see if the phone rings. I have a bad feeling tomorrow is going to be real slow too but I'm gonna give a ring before I leave my house. Oh well last week was a blowout and busy all week. I always love an unexpected day off but hate the little check that follows. Aw life as a groomer.

Comment

Working...
                              X