Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having rotten luck!

With my dogs that is.
    Well some of you remember Katie, my Maltese that broke her toes on 12/31. Well still not healed! Still in a splint. Fighting with 2 different vets. They don't want to even touch her without highly recommending surgery. But I've had her back to the ER VET Hospital (VERY good one) and 3 surgeons there said NO to surgery. That it would be the wrong thing to do.
    I HAD to bathe & trim her today, talk about stress, trying not to get the leg wet...
    THEN, my puppy Willow (CCPP) yesterday suddenly his face swelled up, rushed him over to the vet. Must have gotten bitten or stung by something, we really don't know. He's OK, now.
    Now tonight, I'm lying on the sofa with my Chi. All of a sudden he rubs his eye and screeches! Now his eye is swollen, runny and mostly shut. I put an E-collar on him and put him to bed for the night. Off to the vet in the morning if he's not better.
    Anything else???
    GEESH!!
    OH forgot my 12 year old standard, her tiny wart has turned big and was bleeding all over the place today.
    What next??

I am so sorry. All of that has got to be difficult for you. I get stressed when something goes wrong with one of my dogs. I can't imagine the stress from multi-dog problems, not to mention the vet bills that you must be paying . Hopefully once they all get through this there will be no problems for a long...long...time.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I'm sorry

Seems like all the awful thing always happen at once doesn't it. Seems like in the spring when all my animals are all frisky they all get sick and injured at once. I would love to be able to have savings account just for such things but don't. Goodness knows it's really draining financially and emotionally. Here's to hoping your luck gets better soon. Hang in there.

Comment

That is so awful, when it rains it pours! I hope everything works out for you and all your babies.

Comment

(((HUGS))) Jennifer. It's always stressful when one of our furbabies is sick or injured but to have 4 of them dealing with health issues at the same time has to be a lot to handle. Sending speedy recovery prayers for each of them, and please keep us posted on how they're doing and how you're holding up.
          Sheri

Comment

Hope that your fur babies are all feeling better soon. You could use a massage and a nice glass of wine after all of that! Whew!

Comment

Oh Sheri, here I am whining about 'little things' and oh what you've been through, I've read, my heart goes out to you!!!!

My Chi is fine, eye OK, glad I had the e-collar on hand so he couldn't rub on it anymore.

All quiet on the home front tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Jengroomer View Post
                Oh Sheri, here I am whining about 'little things' and oh what you've been through
                I recognize your name from the GL and know you're one of the members who went through the highs and lows, good news and bad news, of Cosette's cancer ordeal with me. I don't know how I would have gotten through it without the compassionate support from you and others. Thank you!

But, no matter how major or minor the illness or injury, it takes a toll on us, because we worry, and it hurts us to see our pets hurting. So it's OK to "whine" when you need to, because we understand and care.
                Hugs,
                Sheri

Comment

Jen, I am so sorry your babies (and you) are going through this. As someone else said, when it rains it pours! In late November, early December I went through a round of bad luck w/my babies (fur and 2 legged). My Red Lored Amazon (parrot) had an awful injury to his foot that resulted in amputation, my Boxer had a slow healing ulcer to her cornea which resulted in surgery, and my kids and hubby all got strep at the same time. I felt like I was running a nursing home (or a funny farm..lol). Huggs to you and your furbabies, this too shall pass!!!
                  SheilaB from SC

Comment

I'm so sorry about your poor little pooches.... LIke everyone says, if it's not one thing, it's another. Hope they get better soon.
                    Becky

Comment

aww, i hate it when my pets are sick or hurt. It makes me so sad, and its harder cuz they dont understand everything, so you cant tell them they have to take it easy so they will get better quicker. here's hoping everything turns out ok!!

Comment

Oh, that is hard, I'm sorry, Jen! I hope the kids get better. Keep us posted on the Chi. Well, keep us posted on ALL of them.

Tammy in Utah
                        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

[QUOTE=My Red Lored Amazon (parrot) had an awful injury to his foot that resulted in amputation, my Boxer had a slow healing ulcer to her cornea which resulted in surgery, and my kids and hubby all got strep at the same time. [/QUOTE]

Ouch your poor bird! My friend has a red lored, nice birds!
                          I have two birds too, a green cheek conure and a parakeet.
                          Everyone is good right now, crossing fingers!

Peanut's (my chi) eye is fine. He must have just gotten something in it and rubbed it to be sore. The e-collar helped so he left it alone.

I felt badly today for them all. I took a ride to sarasota to pick up another petlift table. And was gone all day! My day off and I wasn't even home. Oh well there's always Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                          X