Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sb 861

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sb 861

    It's all over the place. There's now a petition going around myspace to vote no to SB 861. It entitles California to allow breed specific laws. They want to completely outlaw the Pit in California. Of course the petition on myspace says that they want to "eliminate" every Pit in Cali, but further looking into it, they just want to outlaw them.
    Becky

  • #2
    Originally posted by Raggs View Post
    It's all over the place. There's now a petition going around myspace to vote no to SB 861. It entitles California to allow breed specific laws. They want to completely outlaw the Pit in California. Of course the petition on myspace says that they want to "eliminate" every Pit in Cali, but further looking into it, they just want to outlaw them.
    This is a tough subject. Pits can be such wonderful loving dogs. But, when they decide to get in an aggressive mode, whether to become the alpha dog, or whatever, there is no changing their mind. I have a co worker who has 2 pits, nice as can be. Sweet dogs, but the alpha dog is now getting older, so the other pit wants to become the alpha. When they get into it, the owner (who is not afraid of her dogs), has a very difficult time seperating them. she's been bitten and her b/f won't get into the middle when the 2 go at it.

    I don't have the answer. But, I do believe that NO breed should be outlawed. Where would it end? I have more trouble with Ger. shep. than about any large breed.

    astrordog

    Comment


    • #3
      Wow, I hope something like that never happens near me.

      We have a lot of aggressive pits around here, and actually don't take them at the shop that I work at, but I would never want to live somewhere that they could completely ban a breed of dog. It almost seems to me against civil rights...it just doesn't seem right.
      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

      Comment


      • #4
        Geez,here we go;another person or group w/an agenda!I am sick in tired of all the agenda's! Seems every where you turn these days our rights are being infringed upon,or just out right taken away.How in the world have we survied as long as we all have with out the local/federal governments protection?

        Comment


        • #5
          ugggggg!!

          California, man, what a pain!! I agree, most of the problems (not all of course but most) is the owners. Can we ban/eliminate red-necks, drug dealers, hip hop gangbangers and morons instead?? I would prefer it to banning pits!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            What a bad rap

            If california can out law all pit bulls, they will have to call themselves Jesse or Butch Cassidy or Sundance. Seriously...It is a shame some people abuse the use of a dog to make it mean. rotties, G. Shepherds. Bull terriers and Staffordshires. What next, those nippy little Yorkies?Letsoutlaw barking maniac dogs too.Pa leeeeeze.WQhat can ya do with trresponsible people? Fine larger fines? The San Francisco case of dog in public hallway. So Stupid of owner.

            Comment


            • #7
              They need to crack down on owners of dangerous dogs, regardless of breed. Banning specific breeds is not the answer. Any large dog has killing potential if improperly socialized/raised by bad owners. You ban 1 breed, there's lots of other large dog breeds that irresponsible people can own instead. Doesn't solve the problem.

              Comment


              • #8
                Edited.
                Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:13 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  there's more to it...

                  pit bulls are a breed that can become a problem to people that do not intentionally make them mean & agressive. they are a high energy dominant breed and if their extra energy is not burned off it comes out in the form of agression. with other breeds excessive energy is not always channeled into such serious and powerful agression ... if you buy a golden or a lab they might be out of control and act like a bull in a china shop, but generally do not focus this extra energy into killing another dog/person/animal/etc.

                  i think many people just do not realize what they are getting into when they get a pit puppy. i am not for banning any breed ... but i am all for restrictions such as age restrictions for those handling pits and strict licensing of dogs. you may feel that it's not fair to restrict ownership of these dogs, but it is also not fair for neighbors of pitbulls to be fearful in their own yard or on the street, or for children to be mauled and killed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ruggins View Post
                    Can we ban/eliminate red-necks, drug dealers, hip hop gangbangers and morons instead?? I would prefer it to banning pits!!!
                    I OBJECT! As a proud redneck, I don't much care to be lumped in with drug dealers, hip hop gangbangers and morons. I have a lot of redneck friends, and I wouldn't lump them in with the aforementioned degenerates, either. They're delightfully unsophisticated, some are as ignorant as dirt, but they're good people.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      CHAKO

                      http://www.chako.org/ This link has some good info on the "pit bull" and about sb861.

                      In Denver they banned pits. Many were euthinzed. Now if any of you come out here to Colorado and bring you pits DO NOT even drive through/near denver with them. Denver is now in my book of the most evil places on earth.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It busts my button because they want to ban Pits because they were bred to fight. Well the Shar Pei was bred to fight. The English Mastiff was used for fights, the Bull Dog was used to help bring down bulls. The Chow was used for protection by the Mongolians plus were used to kill large cats. Akita's have been known to be fighting dogs. So why stop with Pits.. Why not make illegal every single breed that has ever been used in fights or strictly for killing larger animals.
                        Becky

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Helly View Post
                          I OBJECT! As a proud redneck, I don't much care to be lumped in with drug dealers, hip hop gangbangers and morons. I have a lot of redneck friends, and I wouldn't lump them in with the aforementioned degenerates, either. They're delightfully unsophisticated, some are as ignorant as dirt, but they're good people.
                          lol, amen helly. proud redneck here too!
                          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DogChic View Post
                            you may feel that it's not fair to restrict ownership of these dogs, but it is also not fair for neighbors of pitbulls to be fearful in their own yard or on the street, or for children to be mauled and killed.
                            Besides the obvious problem at hand, I think this way of thinking paves the way to more & more regulations & losses of freedom. For example, it's not fair to me that I should have to fear my dogs be shot by irresponsible hunters during deer season. Let's outlaw hunting. It's not fair to victim's of drunk driving that they be involved in accidents or even killed. Guess we should outlaw alcohol. There are plenty of other beverages, we don't need one more which causes so many problems right?

                            I am 100% for SEVERE punishment for owners of vicious dogs, especially those with prior history of biting. People caught breeding dogs for fighting, or actually fighting them for "sport" should have much harsher punishment than the slap on the wrists they get now. Even a license to breed would be food for thought. But outright banning of any certain breed is, IMO, downright insane in this day & age.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              chicken-

                              if you re-read my post you'll notice that I said I AM NOT for the banning of any breed .... I feel there should be restrictions of ownership of the breed. your analogies to my post were OUTLAWING hunting and alcohol. BOTH of these examples have rules/regulations/restrictions because they can potentially pose a danger if used/performed irresponsibly. you need to have a license to hunt ... you need to be 21 to drink ... etc.

                              I again, did not say to OUTLAW the breed ... I stated that I think because the breed is so potentially dangerous that there should be strict regulations ... minimum age for handlers, strict licensing, mandatory spay/neuter of these breeds .... ETC.

                              -sheila

                              Originally posted by Chicken View Post
                              Besides the obvious problem at hand, I think this way of thinking paves the way to more & more regulations & losses of freedom. For example, it's not fair to me that I should have to fear my dogs be shot by irresponsible hunters during deer season. Let's outlaw hunting. It's not fair to victim's of drunk driving that they be involved in accidents or even killed. Guess we should outlaw alcohol. There are plenty of other beverages, we don't need one more which causes so many problems right?

                              I am 100% for SEVERE punishment for owners of vicious dogs, especially those with prior history of biting. People caught breeding dogs for fighting, or actually fighting them for "sport" should have much harsher punishment than the slap on the wrists they get now. Even a license to breed would be food for thought. But outright banning of any certain breed is, IMO, downright insane in this day & age.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X