So here I sit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So here I sit...

Snow's coming, I have ONE dog booked tomorrow at work (meaning today) and I told my boss if they didn't show, don't call me. I never got a call, so here I sit on a new day off wondering how pathetic my next paycheck will be...AGAIN!
    I want to go mobile!! *sigh*

Put a Smile on

Aww Revwind relax things will get better. I'm sitting here trying to get a job and no one will hire me
    I believe what goes down will go up. In other word if something bad happens; something good will come too. Good luck. Hope you can go mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by RevWind View Post
      Snow's coming, I have ONE dog booked tomorrow at work (meaning today) and I told my boss if they didn't show, don't call me. I never got a call, so here I sit on a new day off wondering how pathetic my next paycheck will be...AGAIN!
      I want to go mobile!! *sigh*
      It's raining and icey today here - I had 2 no shows and 1 cancellation (all full grooms). I was looking forward to the $$ there too. But instead I went to the shop, got ready for a busy day and ended up doing 1 bath and came back home with a 20 $ bill...Oh well, tomorrow's another day! Hope your weeks gets better too Revwind!

Comment

I knew no one would come today, with 5" of blowing snow and sometimes white out's I wouldn't want to go anywhere either. I could go get them ...but I just don't want to go out. Maybe Wed.

Comment

I'm mobile, and if I don't groom, I don't make a the money either. lol. Tomorrow I'll be snowed in for sure. I just hope things are better by Thursday. I think there's going to be alot of groomers, today and tomorrow, sitting around without a dog to groom. I guess this board will be VERY busy.
          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I know what you mean, lol. I am off today, and tomorrow. It's nice, but not so nice when you get the paycheck. Oh, well, just relax and enjoy the break, because come summer we'll be all kinds of busy again!
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I only had two today and the boss cancelled everyone for tomorow cause there's supposed to be 10" of snow so I'm going sledding with my doggie. Whoo hoo can't wait. I hate snow and cold but love spending time with my own dog for a change.

Comment

We got our 1-2 inches of snow. Now we're working on a day and a half of sleet and ice. The icon has it right...YAY! Not.

Comment

It's still slow here too. No dogs tomorrow either. Phone's not ringing. Only 7 dogs to groom from Thurs to Sat. Spring's coming though, and the dogs will return hopefully soon. Going to make the most of it tomorrow by sleeping in and reading posts!

Comment

Rev. You won't be out grooming in this when you are mobile either.
                    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                      Rev. You won't be out grooming in this when you are mobile either.
                      For THAT, I am thankful. That's why I wanted to start in the spring. Skip the freezing and catch the upswing to the peak grooming season. If the people I'm working with on my business plan outline don't move their a$$es, I WON'T get the timing well. They've been kind enough to have lost my entire outline package at the college. I now have some rather personal information floating somewhere at the local college. I'm NOT a happy camper.

Comment

Well, after 13" of snow yesterday , believe it or not everyone came in today for grooming BUT it's suppose to snow 3" more tonight and 3" more Thurs!! Enough already...

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzz

Ice,Ice,Baby!!! Oh what a nap i had today. So sweet.
                          Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Hey RevWind. I just saw this thread. I was just thinking about this early today as I was driving to my first grooming appt. I am doing housecall grooming and it's really busy for me. Where I live (mountains and pines) There is quite a lot of snow along with ice. It's still drivable with four wheel drive. I was looking for a grooming trailer, but after reading about all of the grooming trailers and vans that were freezing on this forum, I was thinking that my housecall grooming was much better for this weather anyway. I was thinking what a great client service addition housecall grooming would be for shop where it's slow and needs business due to snow. It wouldn't work if the roads are too dangerous of course, but maybe it would be a good addition for a brick and mortar shop when clients don't want to drive in snow. I actually think that the snow is helping my business. Anyway, hope that you get busy soon. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                            X