What a Week it's Been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Week it's Been

It started when I slipped on some ice and fell. Sprained my wrist and bruised my elbow. Not too bad. I took one day off from work, and it's doing just fine.

The next day my partner tripped, fell down some stairs, and broke her ankle. Spent hours in the ER, waiting for x-rays. I eventually had to leave her there, run in to work, and go back to pick her up after they got done with her.

The next day, I get to work, and as soon as I walk in the door, one of my co-workers informs me that after I left, our boss fell and broke her hip! She'll be off work for weeks. Tomorrow is payday, and she's still in the hospital. I have no idea how she's going to manage it, but she promised she'd get our checks to us. I'm not worried about it much, I have money to get by. But I know the rest of the staff really needs those checks, so I guess she's thinking she has to get them done.

I hope this is the end. I don't want anyone else getting hurt. I can't believe all this happened in something like 72 hours!

All I can say is "Wow". Hope the next 72 hrs treats you and everyone else a lot nicer.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

I have been told bad things come in threes, so hopefully it is over. I know how it is falling on ice, since I did just that a few weeks ago, and than after that tripped over my vacuum cord in the shop and when flying, just when my neck was getting better from the first fall. Falling seems to hurt so much more now than it did when I was younger. You and I were lucky not to break something, as ice is hard.

Comment

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! One for each of you. I slipped on ice a few years ago and fell backwards like a tree when they yell, "Timber." I had to have stitches in the back of my head so I know how dangerous ice can be. Wishing all three of you a speedy recovery.
        Sheri

Comment

Wow, and it's not even a full moon anymore....lol...Hope everyone heals up and doesn't do a reinjury. How old is your boss? I hope she is young enough that the hip injury isn't quite as devistating as it is in an older person.
          SheilaB from SC

Comment

You should be fine now my mom always told us the old wives tale that bad things always happens in threes. Seems true alot of time. Bummer though hope everyone is doing better. While I was on vacation a few weeks ago my boss fell down the basement stairs and shredded her tendons. She's still limping around but no one else yet. The funny thing is they just put lights going down the stairs for the first time in years and then she fell must of been blinded by the lights.

Comment

Oh my gosh!!!! what a week is right. hopefully you all start feeling better and nothing else happens.

sending prayers and {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} for a speedy recovery to all!!!

Comment

Murphys Law

I guess if we look in the dictionary next to Murphys Law there will be a picture of your 3 smiling faces.

Take it easy I too have heard things happen in 3's. You must be a fast healer if your already starting to heal. When I sprain anything it is always worse the next couple of days before it gets better.

Comment

Oh my goodness! I hope everyone is ok! What a rough week.......

Comment

The full moon is over, but we are moving into mercury retrograde. During this time people often experience technological & mechanical breakdowns, and communication breakdowns with people. My first victim of mercury retrograde was my Andis clipper, which died today. The icy conditions out there suck too. I nearly slipped on ice yesterday, twisted my body all weird to stay upright, and now I pulled something in my neck.RRR. Be careful everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
                      Wow, and it's not even a full moon anymore....lol...Hope everyone heals up and doesn't do a reinjury. How old is your boss? I hope she is young enough that the hip injury isn't quite as devistating as it is in an older person.
                      I'm not really sure how old she is. Maybe 60. I know she's a little older than me, and I'm 54. Old enough that neither one of us bounce when we fall anymore, lol.

Every time I fall now, I worry about my back. The first time it didn't really start hurting until a week or so later. And it just got worse, and worse, until I couldn't stand it anymore, and had surgery. So I'm being REALLY careful with it right now, and doing an extra set of stretches during the day, hoping it won't go out on me again.

I already had my broken hip. Did it when I was six. At least now they pin 'em instead of putting you in traction for 7 weeks, like they did with me. I don't think I could stand being tied down that long again.

Comment

Wow, hope the misfortune is over. Hang in there. Hope everyone is up and around soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X