No announcement yet.

This could have been sooooooo bad!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This could have been sooooooo bad!!!!!!

My bather Ronnie had a very frightning thing happen to her husband yesterday. He works in a machine shop and almost had his arm ripped off!!! He was working on a type of lathe that has a sander (I really have no idea what this is) and the sleeve of his jacket got caught and the thing pulled his arm in. What saved him was that his long sleeved shirt and jacket were brand new and still had that starchy toughness. He was stuck in that thing for almost 15 minutes before he was found. Poor guy was wearing a face mask and no one could hear him yelling (the shop is very noisy anyway). They had to cut him out of his clothes and reverse the rollers. Believe it or not he came away from this w/no more than a broken wrist, the skin ripped off from his elbow to armpitt and lots of bruises.
    Ronnie had been quite PO'ed at him last friday (I wrote a post about it) but this sure put things in perspective and all is forgiven and forgotten!! BTW for those of you who read the other post titled "Don't Piss off my Bather".......John missed his appointment today, and his wife will happily help him get his "sample" for the next time.....lol
    SheilaB from SC

How scary! Just thinking about him being stuck in that machine for 15 minutes with those painful injuries makes me queasy. I'm wishing him a speedy recovery.
    Sheri

Comment

Wow! Luckily if he had to though he can still get his own sample!

Comment

Oh wow! Poor guy, stuck with a broken wrist in a machine for 15 minutes!!
        OUCH!
        Send them our good luck wishes for a speedy recovery!
        Tammy

Comment

I am glad he is okay, because it could have been fatal. A friend I went to high school with, was killed in a similar accident. Several years after we graduated he went to work for the Dept. of Trans. He was going out to plow snow and sand the roads, and the auger on his sanding truck jammed, he went to unjam it and the leg of his coveralls got stuck in the auger, needless to say he was killed. So I am REALLY glad he is okay.

Never forget to tell people you love them, (even if you are mad at eachother) because you just never know when the unthinkable will happen.

Scoop

Comment

Wow, just imagine what could have happened to Ronnie's hubby he is just so very lucky to have come out of that with so little damage. Someone was sure watching out for him.

So relieved John won't have to get his sample on his own!
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Sheila a similar thing happened to my hubby years ago. He is in the automotive field and was working on a similar machine when it ripped his glove off and severed the top of his . It was horrible! He was off work for so many months and had to have a few surgerys....Im glad your bathers hubby is ok! I know how scared I was!

Comment

I'm glad that he was not severely injured. He definitely had an angel watching over him that day.

Comment

Close Call

That could have a lot worse. My uncle had his severed by a machine at his job and they were able to reattach it. My poor mother though she has the worse story, she was walking with my dad and they were walking next to a chain link fence and on the other side was a deep ditch, well she was running her fingers along the fence when she slipped into the ditch caught her wedding ring on the fence and it ripped her whole finger off. She is still missing it, she has o wear her wedd band on her other hand now.

Comment

Oh, that is so terrifying, it brings back memories of the work place I was in and a guy got his arm caught in a sheet plastic roller machine. He sreams I can still hear, he lost his whole arm cause is was crushed and lost a lot of blood. Poor guy, I thought of that also as my husband worked at a rubber injection shop and I always feared he'd get hurt too but never did.
                    My heart goes out to those poor guys.

Comment

Edited.
                      Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Wow...industrial type work makes the grooming profession seem like a cake-walk.

So glad he will be OK.

Last summer in WI, a young landscaper stuck his arm in to unjam a woodchipper that was jammed. He is no longer with us. The memory of that is all too clear.

Accidents are soooo scary. Every once in a while it would do us good to remind our industrial working friends to be careful.

I'm feeling guilty now about cheering Ronnie on for her passive aggressive actions.

Comment

Wow that gave me the heeby geebies. His skin was rppied off?? ughhh.

Glad to here about your bathers husband lol!

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
                            My bather Ronnie had a very frightning thing happen to her husband yesterday. He works in a machine shop and almost had his arm ripped off!!! He was working on a type of lathe that has a sander (I really have no idea what this is) and the sleeve of his jacket got caught and the thing pulled his arm in. What saved him was that his long sleeved shirt and jacket were brand new and still had that starchy toughness. He was stuck in that thing for almost 15 minutes before he was found. Poor guy was wearing a face mask and no one could hear him yelling (the shop is very noisy anyway). They had to cut him out of his clothes and reverse the rollers. Believe it or not he came away from this w/no more than a broken wrist, the skin ripped off from his elbow to armpitt and lots of bruises.
                            Ronnie had been quite PO'ed at him last friday (I wrote a post about it) but this sure put things in perspective and all is forgiven and forgotten!! BTW for those of you who read the other post titled "Don't Piss off my Bather".......John missed his appointment today, and his wife will happily help him get his "sample" for the next time.....lol
                            Ever see the movie "The Machinist"? Tell your bather and her hubby not to watch it, it will send chills.

astrordog

Comment

Working...
                            X