Pedigree commerical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedigree commerical

A voice is telling you that he is a good dog, he can sit and stay, but he just doesn't understand why he is here. All he wants to do is go home.

The picture shows a bunch of cute little dogs, puppies some with their noses' on the fence poking through, some are hiding in the back of the run but all behind bars at an animal shelter.

It is so sad. The first time I saw this commerical I cried. Pedigree is donating a % of sales to an adoption program.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

so sad!

i cry every damn time i see that commercial. it's awful ..... i'm going to have a dog rescue/fostering program someday (but I need to make some $ first!).

Comment

my girlfriend has to leave the room completely. I find it sad but I know I do everything I can for the humane sociaty here. so I try to just tune it out and do something else like read all the posts and catch up for the day

Comment

So sad

Makes me glad that I don't have TV reception so gave it up. I hate the horrible abandonment of pets.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Edited.
          Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I just got an email from a director of the Humane Soc. Asking if I would groom dogs in exchange for a free ad in their newsletter, and I said Of course I would anything to help out needy animals.

Comment

Be a Foster parent

After spending 2 years volunteering for the animal shelter I know most of the reasons they are in there. What's sad to me is so many are put down for no good reason other then they have been here too long and we need the room.
              Fostering is a great program and has save many lives.

Comment

I too think that commercial is the saddest thing i have heard. It nearly brings me to tears everytime. The next saddest thing is I want to foster dogs and or children. I don't and can't have my own. (Children I have 2 dogs) And my Hubby won't let me we have the room...I guess he doesn't have the heart.
                Last edited by Tzu-crazee; 02-06-07, 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling/ clarification

Comment

The kennel I work for is actively involved in Doberman rescue, and also works closely with St. Francis Care. We usually have 3-5 dogs in the kennel that we're working on, getting them healthy and doing training to make them more adoptable. And they stay with us until they have a foster home, or a forever home, to go to.

That's how I got Izi. He was a breeder surrender. She took him to one of the local vets, handed him to the receptionist, along with his vaccination record, and said "Find him a home". Then she walked out. The reason she threw him away? He has an overshot jaw.

The vet's office called St. Francis Care, and a worker picked him up and brought him to the kennel. It was a Monday. He's was scheduled to go to a pet adoption day at a local pet store on Friday. But on Tuesday he came home with me, supposedly to foster until Friday. Well, the rest, as they say, is history. He's mine now. And we couldn't be happier.

Comment

One of those times I'm glad I don't have cable. Commercials like that always get me choked-up and teary.

Comment

I have seen it and get upset everytime I see it. Problem is that everytime I have trouble shaving a coat down that is in bad condition I usually know what the dog is eating.

Comment

those commercials are why

I had Lefty,
                        I now have Deago,
                        Scooter,
                        Milo,
                        Peaty (cat)
                        and I am still feeding
                        Big Boy, (outdoor kitty)

Adoption should be everyones first option.

Comment

I just saw the commercial for the first time this morn. It was SAD! But it's really, really nice that Pedigree is making an effort to help this huge problem. I don't buy their products either, but alot of people do. Every little bit helps. I can't foster anymore, I've kept the last 3 dogs we've fostered. I don't think it's my calling, I can't seem to give them up and become way too emotionally attached. God bless all those that foster, it's a God given gift!

Comment

It's nice that Pedigree is spreading awarness about the huge numbers of homeless dogs in pounds. I also do not purchase Pedigree pet foods, but do donate to animal shelters as well as adopt homeless pets.

Comment

yikes...i get choked up every time i see this commercial also...Helly, is Izi the one that was in the post not to long ago??? super cute! long hair doxie, right?? i have a wire hair myself and a friend called to tell me there was a wire in the pound,(about 150 miles from me) i looked on the internet and it did look like a wire..so hairy it was really hard to tell...got there and he was a wire for sure (a tweenie, but definatly a wire)...while i was there, i kid you not, in walks a lady with a blk/tan smooth standard, plops her on the counter,AKC papers and all and says i'm moving and i can't keep her..i called her a bad name and left with two doxies..doxie rescues in my area helped me find homes..i'm sorry, but moving and can't keep a small doxie..give me a break..it would only take a little extra effort to find a place for a small dog..grrrrrr..people!!
                              Last edited by elliemae; 02-10-07, 08:15 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Working...
                              X