I don't dream about grooming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't dream about grooming

Funny..I always have double or tripple dream features at nite..never dream about grooming or business. My sdogs but not business. Got to tery to go to work.# dogs need $ for what is to come.Hope to talk to yall later in the week ..next weekend. Loosing post points..but it's never been about that.

I ALWAYS dream about grooming. That's ALL my dreams are about. I feel like I work all day and then come home and work all night. Somethings gotta give, this is killin' me, lol.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I very rarely remember my dreams. Usually if I do they are a nightmare of a bear chasing me or something stupid like that. Strange, I will have to look that one up in a book of dreams.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
        I very rarely remember my dreams. Usually if I do they are a nightmare of a bear chasing me or something stupid like that. Strange, I will have to look that one up in a book of dreams.
        Diamie, that ones pretty easy to interpret. You're feeling overwhelmed about something, or that something is "baring down" on you.

I rarely dream about grooming. I practice lucid dreaming, and don't usually dream about anything I don't want to. When I do find myself dreaming about something I don't want to, or if I'm having a nightmare, lucid dreaming allows me to change the dream, or change how my dream self is reacting to it.

For example, if I'm dreaming that a bear is chasing me, once I realize that I'm dreaming, I can also realize that I'm not really in danger, it's just a dream, and I can dream up a tree to climb or a door to shut.

If I find myself dreaming about grooming, I can change the dream to "Grooms finished, time to go home."

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
          Diamie, that ones pretty easy to interpret. You're feeling overwhelmed about something, or that something is "baring down" on you.

I rarely dream about grooming. I practice lucid dreaming, and don't usually dream about anything I don't want to. When I do find myself dreaming about something I don't want to, or if I'm having a nightmare, lucid dreaming allows me to change the dream, or change how my dream self is reacting to it.

For example, if I'm dreaming that a bear is chasing me, once I realize that I'm dreaming, I can also realize that I'm not really in danger, it's just a dream, and I can dream up a tree to climb or a door to shut.

If I find myself dreaming about grooming, I can change the dream to "Grooms finished, time to go home."
          Helly, I have heard of people "directing" their dreams, but I don't understand how to do it. Once in a blue moon when I am dreaming I will realize it is a dream and can wake up. Sometimes if I wake up before I want to I can go back to sleep and "pick up" the same dream (seem to anyway). But I don't feel in control when I am dreaming. To me it would be like controlling my breathing while I am sleeping. Are there "exercises" or memory games you do while you are awake to be able to do this sleeping?
          SheilaB from SC

Comment

I have woken myself up in these dreams sometimes and fall back right into the same thing.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Last night I dreamt I was in a grooming competetion, but this was all about speed. How fast can u groom that dog..LMAO
              In the end it was between me and this male dog groomer. I woke up before I found out who won and if both dogs had ears left..

Comment

After many years of not grooming

I would still have this nightmare. People started coming to pick up their dogs that Oh my gosh, weren't even started yet. I also briefly worked for a shop not so long ago with such volume that I said, it reminds me of the dream where sometime someone would come in for a dog that got forgot about.

I now again have grooming dreams, though not the nightmare and do feel totally unrested, like Tammy said, I worked all night too.

Leah
                Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

Helly, I'm just going to wrap you in a coat of many colors and call you Joseph-ine! Look at our dream interpreter right here in front of our eyes!

Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Lucid dreaming became fairly popular with the general public during the 70's and 80's. It's actually a scientifically documented practice. It can be a very worthwhile practice both scientifically as well as spiritually. A website with a list of FAQ's about lucid dreaming is at http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html which can answer many questions.

Comment

I have had a few dreams about grooming, mostly dogs coming when they aren't scheduled or clients waiting in line to pick up their dogs that aren't quite ready to go home.

Most of my dreams revolve around my oldest son and his family. I'm just guessing that is because we haven't seen him or his family for a couple of years, his choice.

If I do dream about something else I don't remember it.
                      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                      Diane

Comment

I almost always remember my dreams, and lately a lot of them have been about grooming. Usually a stressful situation, like I'm working on a dog for hours and hours but I can't get all the hair off. Kind of like the one where you're trying to run but aren't going anywhere.

But then again I dream about other random things too. Last night I dreamt about steak. Come to think of it, it was very similar to the grooming dreams...I was trying to cook the steak for a dinner party but it wouldn't cook all the way. I think I need to stop stressing out so much!

Comment

I don't dream a whole lot about grooming or even dogs. Other animals though.

I use to dream about bears chasing me all the time when I was pregnant with my son. I think it's kinda weird that he has bear dreams all the time too.

I've had dreams about tigers trying to break in my house, monkeys chasing me. And the one I had just recently was about a couple bulls chasing me, breaking down the door of my house and chasing me in the bathroom. My son was with them, dressed in camo, giving them military hand signals and orders.

My dreams are very real feeling. I will start crying, or thrashing around. Hubby has to wake me up from them. Sometimes I have dreams about him and I will wake up all mad at him and he has no clue what he did. LOL

I talk in my sleep alot too. Always telling hubby to go out and feed the chickens, or some other animal that we don't have.

Comment

I think the only dreams that I have had about grooming is not getting to work on time or thinking it was my day off and it wasn't.

Comment

I don't dream about grooming or animals at all for that matter. Since I was a kid though, I dream about tornadoes. I'll probably have one tonight since we're getting close to bedtime here. What does that symbolize?????

Comment

Working...
                              X