To ALL Groomers:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To ALL Groomers:

Okay after the post about grooming "Being easy" I wanted to say something to cheer everyone up.

I salute you all! Every single one of yous take Major risks with Aggression, dogs pulling on your arms, and everything you put up with from owners and pets. I want to let you all know. I respect all of you guys for your courage and everything. if it was not for you guys pets would be matted, have health isssues from being matted, overgrown toenails, etc. You all are amazing and keep up the great jobs.
    So now you know, some one DOES appreciate all of your efforts.

I never realized HOW hard it was until I was 16 and actually did more than put bandannas around there necks.

Thanks poodle!! It is nice to be appreciated!
    SheilaB from SC

Comment

Thank you )

Comment

Thats sweet. So, you wanna be a groomer, eh?

Comment

Yes I do, Ferret. Badly. No oneknows how bad.

Comment

Thank you. Your comments are appreciated. Little secret though...All the joy is worth the little bit of pain. lol
            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Thanks! After all the problems, seeing that perfectly groomed animal afterwars makes it all worth it, that and not having to put up with a stinky kitty!

Comment

That's so sweet, thank you!

Comment

Wish you were closer poodle trouble, you could come work with me.

Thanks for the encouragement yourself missy (got the pm).

Just today when I explained what I do, the other person said, "That's a thankless job" Now I can tell them, no it's not, poodle trouble thinks we're pretty awesome!!

Comment

Winsconsin:

Originally posted by Wisconsin View Post

Just today when I explained what I do, the other person said, "That's a thankless job" Now I can tell them, no it's not, poodle trouble thinks we're pretty awesome!!
                    Tell them it's NOT! it's harder work than in an office where they don't have to worry about a person Falling off a table( at least I hope Not lol). Hairdressers don't have to worry about if the person who they are working on will Bite them.

groomers have to be completely aware of what a dog can or might do. Whereas other jobs that you work with People you don't have to worry about it.

I always said I wanted to be a groomer. So my friend let me help her in the summer for a couple of years (recently retired) and that was when my eyes really did begin to realized everything... I used to help her when I was 10 but because of my age i didn't work on the dogs. I just swept the floor, ran errands (ie/ going to the store) and put bandannas on the dogs. I also would Pass bows. Never made one

groomers dewserve a national Holiday to Relax and Have time to recooperate.

Hopefully, one day I too, can be called a "Pet Groomer." and I will wear the Title with Pride.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin View Post
                      Wish you were closer poodle trouble, you could come work with me.
                      I second that!! Thanks for the sweet comments poodle trouble! I had a tough Monday, and needed the encouragement. You're a sweetheart!

Comment

How Nice, Thank You
                        "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                        Nancy

Comment

Milhasavilla and Wisconsin

lol I guess I wish I could too. My biggest problem would be: Who to chose lol. Maybe one day we'll be able to clone people and then I can send each of you One of me lol. And then kkeep me (the REAL me) here and open up my business lol
                          Anyways, unfortunately, I am in Canada and can't drive (yet...Putting my money away for the Grooming School I want to go to in 2008 hopefully around June.) Then I have to save up about $1200 for Eye-Laser surgery so i won't have to wear glasses. but that won't be UNTIL after I get my own business going.

Comment

thank you so much very sweet

Comment

Today I can say it Honestly:

lol
                              My own cat! I am still shocked. She has been bathed once Every month since she was 6 months old. She is now 8, almost 9 years old. She definately hurt me bad. It's doing fine hjust swollen and painful. I have school tomorrow and I can't let my groomer friend see it. I don't need anymore people worried about me lol. I will be fine. It's just a Lot sore right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X