Booked NYC ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booked NYC ...

October 10 to 13th. Staying in midtown even, Arlo hotel. 682$ flights included for me and Eddie both. Add 60$ for a checked bag. His sister and more family lives on the Island. I feel like a valve has started to release just knowing the weather is going to be much cooler there, and it’s broke just a bit here too at times during the days too.

Have fun in NY!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sounds fun.....enjoy
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Oh!!!! I’m so jealous! I LOVE visiting NYC!

Make sure to look up Audrey Munson while you are there. She was the most popular nude model in the early 1900’s. Her likeness is EVERYWHERE in NY.
            Two of my favorites are at The Metropolitan Art Museum. Plus she is near Central Park, on top of buildings, on bridges, etc.
            And that’s just NY. If your in San Francisco…

Take a quick look at her life in the book American Venus. Fascinating life.

Anyway, have fun! Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks Emma! We will most certainly enjoy NYC! Dogma we will also be visiting the Met if it’s open. Love art. And the female form is fabulous. Curves are beautiful! Looking online today for reservation if needed. We’re excited.

Comment

Dogma ... I’ve done a little precursory reading on Audrey Munson. Touches deep in the psyche. Made it to 105 yrs old but in isolation. Interesting storied life up until 39 yrs old. Sad she wasn’t more supported, but alas back then it was obviously a different day and a famed career could be ruined just by speculation. Grateful nowadays people let go and forgive more readily when it comes to faults whether real or perceived. Unless of course you find yourself cancelled in these strange times. That I see as moderating now too though, thank goodness!!! Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Have a blast Kurt.

Comment

Thanks 1 clean. Oh and dogma ... I’m with Audrey’s own self take on her decline. She was hexed. Her mother’s lapsed religion opened her up to too wide the spiritual world inclusive of maladies.

Comment

I don't know how long it has been since you were in nyc. One change is that much of the paths along the waterfront, both the east river and the hudson, have been developed. There are charming little parks and landscaping. Fun walks.
                      You are savvy, but in general I suggest avoiding West 42nd street. There are good things there, but also there are troublemakers.

Comment

Working...
                      X