some people have nerve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some people have nerve

last summer a woman calls with a sch.giving me a whole sad story,she just moved here from northern ca,she cant believe how much more expensive,it is here,she used to get her dog groomed regularly,but cant afford it,so i told her i was running a 5 dollar off for first time clients she gets here dogs matted solid beard and all,i told her this is going to be alot more,if i can even save it,so i did dog didnt see her again until 2 weeks before christmas,she calls on a sat,can i bring my dog in shes been there before,and you charged me xamount i was busy couldnt look up card at the time,but i said that doesnt sound right,for a full haircut,unless your dog just got a bath,so make appt she comes in i did look at her card she was trying to tell me i only charged her,less than 30,i said now way my sch start at 10 more,and i remeber your dog,you can find some place cheaper if you want,well i did the dog good dog,owner says as she drops dog off i hope you do a good job im going to a holiday party tonite,i hate when people say that,well she was happy she comes in today and asks if i can groom her dog and she will right me a check,but i cant cash it until next week when she gets paid,i dont know who she thinks she is,but i said no i wont,would you go next door to the grocery store and say can i buy these groceries today and pay you next week,has anyone else had anything similar happen

Edited.
    Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 01:08 AM.

Comment

What a pain! To have to worry about when to cash her checks. I would have said bring him to me when I can cash the check.

Comment

Yikes!

Yep, I have been asked to hold checks before, but won't. I can't imagine what a mess these peoples finances must be in. I can't imagine trying to purchase something without having any money and then asking someone to hold my check because it's not good. which BTW is actually against the law. That is one reason at times that I think that it can be helpful to accept charge cards.

Comment

I had a customer call me after I took the check and went home and said he messed up his check book and please don't cash the $45 check he wrote me for 2 weeks till he gets paid cauz it will bounce. Needless to say, I was PISSED.
          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

That worries me. I hope I don't get any one like that. But if I do I will tell them I will reschedule their dog when they have the money to pay me.

Comment

I have a client who asks me to hold her check sometimes, but only for a couple of days and I have been grooming her dog for years every 6 weeks. I know her. I will not hold a check for someone I dont know.
              I dont mind if I know the person. Call me crazy but have never run into a problem with it yet. (knock on wood) LOL

Comment

I do it for a friend of mine, to whom, I do quite a few of her dogs. I have done it for very good customers which I know well. A couple resently I volunteered to hold their check when they told me that they wanted to make their appointments for their dogs after they got paid, and I knew their dogs was going past their normal time of grooming. I would not do it for someone I don't know. I think that takes a lot of nerve.

Comment

I've never held a check, but,,,,,

I once had a lady write me a check and then called me a couple of days later to warn me that the check might bounce. Well, it did and I called to let her know. Said she'd be in the following Tues. to pay it in cash. Didn't show Tues., Wed, or Thurs so I called on Friday figuring it was her payday. I got the machine,,next time I got her grown daughter who said she hadn't talked with her Mother in weeks.
                  Finally I went to the womans' bank and they ran it through, no money in the account. They said to try again in a few days. It took 2 weeks for the money to be put in the bank and they cashed the check for me. I didn't know at the time that they'd do that. I'm sure she had another bounced check after that not knowing I had gotten her check cashed. It was for $53. I never saw her again.
                  Some people!!!!
                  Tzugroomer

Comment

I have only held one check. It was from a woman in wheel chair. She had puppy who needed a flea bath really bad. I could not turn her down. I held the check until the 3rd of the month like she had asked. It went through with no problem. She used to live down the street so I knew how to get a hold of her if I needed to. However I don't think that I would do it again, unless I knew the person really well and knew that they were good for it.

Comment

I won't hold a check either, because in IL, if the check bounces when I deposit it, I can't file a Bad Check Complaint Form with the DA's office. The first four questions on our form ask:
                      1.) Was the check post-dated at time of acceptance?
                      2.) Was check received in the mail?
                      3.) Were you asked to hold or delay depositing the check?
                      4.) Does this matter involve a two-party check?
                      "A YES answer to any of the above questions indicates this is a CIVIL
                      matter and is therefore ineligible for the Bad Check Restitution
                      Program. It should be dealt with through small claims court, or turned
                      over for private collection, do not proceed with filing a complaint."

Sheri B.

Comment

I've allowed some of the regulars to pay by cheque, but I only accept cash or debit card as payment for a brand new client, and let them know this at drop-off time. I don't know of many businesses where giving a postdated cheque is acceptable.

Comment

I have held checks before. I don't like to do it, but I would rather hold than put it through and have it bounc. BTW the only reason I did this was because I was asked AFTER the groom was completed. You all are right some people have NERVE!!! As someone else already said, try going to a grocery store and asking them to wait for payment. They would laugh you out of the store!
                          SheilaB from SC

Comment

Originally posted by Angie View Post
                            I have a client who asks me to hold her check sometimes, but only for a couple of days and I have been grooming her dog for years every 6 weeks. I know her. I will not hold a check for someone I dont know.
                            I dont mind if I know the person. Call me crazy but have never run into a problem with it yet. (knock on wood) LOL
                            I've done the same thing, holding it for just a few days and the client is a regular. It still makes me feel uneasy though. I'm thinking what if it bounces, and it causes a problem for her, will she come back? Ahhhh...I don't mind doing it, but at the same time I can see where a problem could arise.

Comment

I've held a check twice for an existing customer, but only until the end of the week and because she is a regular whose husband just lost his job. I don't think I would for just anyone though.

Now I do have another customer, I think she's a meth addict. She came in and asked me to teach her how to write a check (she's in her 40's) and explained to me that she was not allowed to have a checkbook for many years! Everyt time she comes, I expect her checks to bounce but they haven't yet...

Comment

Working...
                              X