Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone successfully received Pandemic Unemployment Insurance as a sole proprietor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone successfully received Pandemic Unemployment Insurance as a sole proprietor?

I applied, was told to wait for a call, no call, then checked the site again. The site said I needed to call a representative because my application was incomplete. Tried calling. Phone call was dropped by the system.
    I am working, but at 50%, because many clients have left NYC, or they are in buildings where service workers aren't allowed anymore, or they are high-risk.
    Anyone currently receiving PUI but not as a laid-off employee?

No one I know was approved. Keep trying back.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Not yet. They are saying we'll need to re-apply after May 15th or there about in my state. I was able to push the claim through and did file for the three weeks I was completely out of work.

Comment

A friend who is a self employed housecall groomer did manage to get to the point where you enter your bank info. Another groomer had told her about a new link to follow. So I'm going to go down that rabbit hole today.
        Also I emailed my local neighborhood nyc city gov rep. (We have reps who work with just a few zio codes.) They took a little info and said they will email their contact at dept of labor.
        They were really kind to me, which I appreciate so much.

Comment

I finally got it last week in GA. I originally applied around March 15. Sole prop DBA. I got frustrated and started doing the weekly claim my benefit thing and money came a couple of days afterward. I have no idea if that was coincidental or what. Several days after, I got the approval letters in the mail. Other than that, I got zero correspondence by email or letter or any contact at all after the April 22 mass emails they sent out to those whose original state benefits were denied. I was asked to send in additional documentation to prove income, and I did, and never heard a word back until money just started showing up after I got frustrated and just did the weekly benefit claim thing. FWIW it says my approval is good back to March 15, but I have no idea how to actually get the back pay since it only lets me claim the past week OR most recent week. I did not get a lump sum back pay. I did get two payments last week by claiming the week prior and then claiming the most recent week.

Comment

Also, it’s actually broken into two payments, two separate deposits. One is the state benefit (I guess) and the other the $600 PUA. They both show coming from GA DoL.

Comment

(Sorry to serial post)

It was a lotta lotta work and rabbit holes to go down, though. I did everything online and IMO it was pretty difficult in the sense that a lot of the questions on the forms were hard to know how to answer, meaning some were worded ambiguously enough to interpret different ways, and I often wondered if I was getting it wrong since you can’t really talk to anyone for clarification. Plus I had to really pay close attention with my old lady eyes to how to click on the yes and no stuff because the lines didn’t always match up to the actual intended questions. It seemed needlessly complicated.

Comment

Interesting! What a saga!

Comment

I know one person only, interesting info. Keep studying everyone who knows what is coming with round 2 of stimulus too.

Comment

My friend in nyc finally received $600. She applied over a month ago. I am still waiting for their call. When I tried to call yesterday, again, the call was disconnected twice. I take this as a sign that I am meant to keep helping cats by grooming them.

Comment

Omg Totally Clips! Long time no post! Welcome back!

Comment

Originally posted by poodlefeet View Post
                        Omg Totally Clips! Long time no post! Welcome back!
                        Hi, thanks!

Comment

I talked to a groomer today that finally got hers.
                          Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Just saw the notification we can file starting Saturday. I'll probably wait a few days as I suspect the new system might crash.

Comment

I heard that one of the groomers down the street who is still closed got hers today.

Comment

Working...
                              X